3 BOXES OF HALVES SUDDENLY BECAME 2 BOXES

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Picked up the 3 boxes of halves at the bank and the teller that orders the halves said how did you do last week. So I told her one box was already searched and the rolls were already opened, the other box had one silver half and the third box nothing. Then she said she talked to the Brinks employee and he said that he has been picking up the boxes that I have been turning in at the other bank. LOL I told the teller what bank I turn them in to. The Brinks guy said that they are basically rotating the boxes and that's why I might be getting some of the same boxes back. Neither the bank teller or the Brinks employee were upset.

I opened all three boxes at the bank and the first one had already been searched and marked. So the teller said give it back to me,and she gave me my $500.00 back. That was really nice of her, as I would have just taken it to another bank and dropped it off. The other two boxes had not been searched. One box produced 10-1969D silver halves, and the other box nothing. I was still very happy with the results. The bank teller is still going to order as many boxes as I want. I can't believe the great service I have been receiving. ;D

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is really accommodating of the teller. Those boxes aren't fun to haul around, especially three at a time, so that was very decent of her to let you take a quick look inside them. Nice going on the silver and all your MD finds!

icegator

Apr 22, 2006
Maurice Louisiana
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
yes that was nice of the teller. my bank said all they could order was 4 boxes at one time. congrats on the silver

ice

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
That confirms what I have suspected. I have had the feeling that what we turn in ends up on the top of the stack and that is what they grab to fill the next order. LIFO = last in first out. What we need is to be able to order the boxes from the bottom of the stack. Who knows, those boxes may have been there since 1964. ;D I have been thinking that I would start ordering my boxes from banks in different towns just to see if I can tap into another source.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a good discussion because it directly affects our success rates. It's hard to tell what the criteria is regarding what gets sent out first. When I first started getting boxes they were all stamped "Inspected May 9th." Then I got one two weeks ago and the date was May 29th so I thought well, that May 9th bunch has been exhausted and we're on to themore recently rolled boxes. Then last week I got another May 9th box. Go figure.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I spend the halves. I try to spend them in towns I don't live in. I get some strange looks sometimes. They think it is play money or something.

BTW, I have bought $400 in rolls and have been skunked so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread