Wheat War #17 Tanner conserves copper and beats Dad WITH PICS

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Tanner had a great box! His army found 20 wheats and one King George. His army conserved copper and found a steel penny (his second) to help win the battle. He also had a number of older date wheats the oldest being 1918, 1919 =2 1924, 1928, 1930.

Dad surrendered and managed just 6 wheats (oldest 1919) and one King George.

Tanners box came from TCF Bank and were the red strings paper rolls. We have had tremendous luck with these rolls lately. My roll were Brinks in plastic wrappers from Huntington Bank.

We also bought 8 customer wrapped rolls halves. The teller said that they had been in her drawer for a long time and she was glad to get rid of them. They were a skunk.

Keep on Searching Gordon and Tanner

Attachments

• Wheat War 17.JPG
    Wheat War 17.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
awesome boxes!!!!! id LOVE to see as many king georges as you guys do!!! so, how many coppers did u guys conserve? also, just out of curiosity, how many average, common date canadian cents do you guys usually see per box? keep it up and hh!

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Hey Dad!....looks like Tanner has your number. I Bet you had the Steelers too!...and Tanner the Packers.
All the best
rileyboy

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
CHAINCHOMP said:
so, how many coppers did u guys conserve? also, just out of curiosity, how many average, common date canadian cents do you guys usually see per box? keep it up and hh!

Tanner conserved 1 copper penny by finding the steel penny, I once set aside common Canadians that we found from two boxes one had 63 the other I can't remember but it was at least 50. I will try to keep track on our next box.

Gordon Tanner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions