How many boxes do you order and how often?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JT10 said:
Not to be rude, but if you would spend some time actually reading people's posts from the forums, you would get a good idea of how many boxes per week various people go through. I lurked on this forum several weeks before I even started seriously CRHing, and in those several weeks most of my questions were answered in the general discusion.

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
No need to get snotty JT. If you did the research than help the guy out and answer the question. that's what this CRH family is all about. By the way, I get 4 boxes a week every week. I have a standing order with my bank.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick$ilver said:
I'm new to the CRH game and would like to know how many boxes I need to go through to get similar results as other users. I'm talking about the year to date figures in a lot of your signatures. Thanks.

Unfortunately that is an unanswerable question. Some members average 3+ keepers per box on a bad week. Some average 1 keeper per 3 boxes or even worse on a good week.

Some banks/geographical locations produce and some do not. All you can do is get out there, order some boxes, and see what happens. Good luck!

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
ArkieBassMan said:
Quick$ilver said:
I'm new to the CRH game and would like to know how many boxes I need to go through to get similar results as other users. I'm talking about the year to date figures in a lot of your signatures. Thanks.

Unfortunately that is an unanswerable question. Some members average 3+ keepers per box on a bad week. Some average 1 keeper per 3 boxes or even worse on a good week.

Some banks/geographical locations produce and some do not. All you can do is get out there, order some boxes, and see what happens. Good luck!

Agreed.. some places are better than others for CRH.. if you are on the north east coast, you get better boxes than out west.

OP
OP
Q

Quick$ilver

Feb 9, 2011
East Coast
I'm in the greater Philadelphia area. I put in an order for 3 boxes today at my BoA. I am going to go through some nickles and dimes to pass the 2 week wait until they come in.

If you view this topic please comment on how many boxes you are ordering. Thanks for the replies so far.

grampa

Nov 27, 2008
3per week standing order... want to up it.. but dumping is kind of a pain as it is.. i use 1 dump bank.. with 3 branches.. self coin counter in lobby.. i go to a different branch each week to dump as to not wear out my welcome... i dump all $1500 at once

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
2 boxes a week for me. That's all I want and all I need. It is all luck. 1 or 50 boxes???? The one box can score better than 50. It has been proven time and time again on this Forum.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ho Silver! said:
2 boxes a week for me. That's all I want and all I need. It is all luck. 1 or 50 boxes???? The one box can score better than 50. It has been proven time and time again on this Forum.
Exactly it's all about quality, not quantity. Get what you can afford to "play" with or have the time to search. Dumping has never been as issue with me. Two of my banks have coin machines and their are no problems. Course I don't dump 5-10k a week either so..........................

PS- I prefer not to mention anything to do with totals, i'm not paranoid but i'm not a trusting sort either. Too much information on the WWW is not a good thing.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't worry about stating totals ( I never get any, ha!) besides, I don't keep my coin at home, for safety reasons.
In 2009 I hit the dimes about 4 boxes a week. In the middle of 2010 I switched to customer-rolled, as my averages are about the same vs boxes. My averages went up due to several semi-dream customer dime rolls.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quicksilver, read my 'The Search' posts. That will give you a good idea of how much searching i do and the results of those searches.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Definitely depends on area. I go through major quantity each week and do not get a drop in the bucket compared to others who go through substantially less per week.

Felixaaron

Jan 1, 2011
I do 2 half boxes and 8 or so dime boxes. I just started an order at another bank for an additional 2 half boxes each week. My average for halves is 1 per box and my average for dimes is closer to 2 per box. In both cases skunks do happen, but good boxes make up in short order. For example, I had 7 dime boxes 1 Saturday. 3 were complete skunks while the others combined produced 16 with 2 mercs.

I would do more but the full time jobs make dumping hard and the wife gets nervous with so much money in and out of the checking account everyday.

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010
I average two boxes a week and sometimes jump the order to ten if I have the free time. I live in the South East and the boxes don't seem to produce that well here so I go for volume so I can up my totals.

2Cents

Nov 4, 2009
California
I have been ordering 2 boxes each of pennies, nickels, and dimes about twice a month. I have not had much luck with halves in my area and stopped ordering them last year (they are too much of a pain to dump for me).

OP
OP
Q

Quick$ilver

Feb 9, 2011
East Coast
This is all great feedback! Thank you for your advise. I am taking a road trip today to search for some more dump banks. The only bank I know of with a coin counter is TD. It seems that I will need about 4 banks that are not the same as the one I order from. There are at least 40 banks within a 20 mile radius here, wish me luck.

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State
Quick$ilver said:
This is all great feedback! Thank you for your advise. I am taking a road trip today to search for some more dump banks. The only bank I know of with a coin counter is TD. It seems that I will need about 4 banks that are not the same as the one I order from. There are at least 40 banks within a 20 mile radius here, wish me luck.

Quick$ilver, I appologize. I misunderstood the intent of your post. To me it sounded like "Hi, I am new, tell me what to do to get a whole bunch of silver".

I started doing boxes just last month, and have had issues getting a constant supply. I am currently doing between 2-5 boxes of halves a week. I get customer rolls of other demoninations if I cannot get halves.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
I never used to do boxes at all until just a few months ago. I used to rely on Customer wrapped rolls from banks. Unfortunately, that has dried up a bit due to competition. Lately, I've noticed that almost all the CWR's I get are someones "dumps". Except yesterday when I got a good score. (See my post from yesterday with photos.) Those scores are rare now. Anyway, I average about three boxes a week. Makes the "dumps" easier and I can spread them around. Hope this helps you.
rileyboy

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answers to all your questions that you will ever have can be found by reading the CRHing section of this website. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread