Made a 25 dollar investment .

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
So the bank tellers I go to all 4 of them kind of put up with me . So after some thought I figured I would take care of them . Sort of get their attention.
I went to a local store and bought each one of them a sall box of valentine candy each had a small bear attached to it . I delivered them on Monday . Teusday Iwent to get my usual box of pennies and well lets just say they all were scrambling to sell me pennies . And thanking me for the boxes of chocolates they each got . They said what 9is your name and I told them Rob . They just knew me as the coin guy. Now they know I like customer wraps as appose to fed wraps and they know I am after wheats . I went from a frew 10 dollar boxes a week to as much as I want per week . Take care of your girls and they will take care of you . I do not even have an acct. there. Total Investment 5.99 ea . They love me now and call me buy my fisrt name as I come through the door.

Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I think eventually they'll ask you for an account.. They like getting rid of CWR of pennies so that's not uncommon. My tellers hate it when people turn in rolls of pennies. Personally, I don't care if it's CWR of pennies or OBW rolls. Sure, some CWR might have all coppers or all wheat every once in a while but often they can be short too. I've found wheats and even a 1912-S in EF condition from OBW rolls so it doesn't matter that much for me. Good to get on their good side. I bring my order bank cookies or bottles of wine if I get good boxes which hasn't happened in a while.

I order pennies and halves from two different banks. The bank where I get pennies, the girl called me the "penny guy" last week. She thinks I'm low budget so I had to tell her that I'm known as the half dollar guy at the other bank.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
great idea and very useful investment! i buy my girls Reese's and doughnuts and they are happy to place my order too...keep it up and hh!

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
fistfulladirt said:
What do you get the male tellers?

Based on my experience, most male tellers are cool about the coins and don't give me a hard time about ordering or dumping them. They don't care about dumping. I just think it comes down to lifting boxes or dumps. Most female tellers don't want to do any heavy lifting and so they don't like dealing with loads of coins.

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
I tried to tip a teller for all the lugging and help she gave me the other day, but have found that tipping is not the way to go do to the company regulations and such. I like you candy idea much better and will invest in that, thanks.

OP
OP
underdogger

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Well First off there is not a male in this bank. Second They know I am disabled . They know I get and can only afford pennies, dimes, or nickels. I once got abnout 15 dollrs of pennies that must of came out of a something that contaned water . They were all corroded and I took the time top spin them out in my rock tumbler. Had a comercial customer have gotten this batch of pennies they would have been miffed . I let the head teller know that this happened and what might have happened if a customer got this batch.
Took me the better part of a day to spin out 15$ in pennies. A waste of time you say? Found a bunch of esses and many wheats for my efforts. Also a few wide "AM"s from 98 to 2000 Those are easily worth 30 each at bu . I also have a mark I put on every roll so I do not need a dump bank . They all know it and never give me rolls back with my mark. Work smarter not harder Ladies and Gents With gas going up all into your profits> just like anyone else you must cut expenses. Just Saying Rob :coffee2:

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
My investment was a little higher. I bought 8 rose bushes to set along the South side on my house. All survived transplanting, and about the 1st of June, I had a bunch of roses. Being a single guy, I don't have alot of use for flowers inside the house, but if you don't cut them, the plant won't grow. What could I do with them? I cut a half dozen of so every morning that I go visit my coin and dump banks. I put each one in a plastic water bottle (recycling) with some water and hand them out to my tellers. Don't forget the receptionist and other visible ladies. Even though they aren't tellers, this will make you look even sweeter, to the girls who are. My investment was $67.50. Been there three years now and that side of the house looks better too.

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
Well, everyone likes someone who is sociable and nice, it makes a boring day at the office a little more enjoyable (plus I guess they've figured you're not stalking them by now so it's safe) and they can take part in 'the game'. :headbang:

greg0074

Jul 22, 2009
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I purchased $10 Sonic gift cards for my dump bank and supply bank. They used them during happy hour and were able to get everyone a drink. It was well worth it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread