ryedale vs penny miser?

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010
Yes,I know,no comparison of the two,but bear with me a minute! The penny miser I've seen is some hokey,do it yourself kit that looks really tempermental,but the concept is great.The ryedale is fast as lightning,but a lot of $$ for a newbie,and I noticed they quit making the econo version. My question is...would there be a market for a "properly made" version of the penny miser?

Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sure... this is if you can come up with a penny miser that has an automatic feed dispenser like the Ryedale and if you sell for $100 bucks less than the Ryedale. The Ryedale isn't perfect. It does jam a lot too when two coins go through the comparitor at once.

OP
OP
B

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010
I'm certain I can bring it in under 100. The hopper addition is a great idea too. I'd realy like to add something like the rydeale idea,but no way could I keep the cost down. This could be a fun project!

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
blkcwbyhat said:
I'm certain I can bring it in under 100. The hopper addition is a great idea too. I'd realy like to add something like the rydeale idea,but no way could I keep the cost down. This could be a fun project!

The hopper dispenser is what makes the Ryedale better than the Penny Miser. It dispenses them at a fast rate. It took engineering and design for Andy to come up with it. It's fairly well designed. That's why it's $500 bucks. No one would expect you to sell a unit similar to a Ryedale for $100 due to the engineering and materials put into it. However, if you priced it at $400, people would definitely be interested.

OP
OP
B

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010
I'd love to whip up some type of metal detector thingy,but I'm not into the electronic stuff.Besides,just the electrical would raise the price on a small scale.I don't see the hopper as an issue myself.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy does sell a cheaper version. You have to email him about it. Not sure if its on his website yet. Think it was called the sniper. Its a hand fed machine with a comparator. If you can figure out a way to automate the feeding you are in business.

OP
OP
B

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010
I think I found a source for the electronics stuff,seems to work like a ryedale.Once I get it,I'll fabricate a housing and hopper,and show off the prototype!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread