ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to dump the clad from my last roadtrip today and decided to do a little CRHing since I was out anyway. I was supposed to pick up a 2 box (halves) order today, but it won't arrive until tomorrow. I hit a branch of a bank that I just recently became a member of. They have a coin machine that I was unaware of. Also, to my delight, the mother of an old work & fishing buddy is the branch manager and she recognized me. I asked about buying the halves off the machine. She said that she would indeed sell them to me when the bag fills, but that I probably didn't want them. They have a customer that orders a couple of boxes a week from them, then dumps the rejects back into their machine. I said something about that "not being very nice" or something to that effect. She said that it wasn't a problem at all, and she was happy to do it for him. She also said that she would be happy to do the same for me. I may take her up on that, but will have to discuss it with her further just to make sure it isn't going to turn into a problem down the road. She also had a box of halves in the vault which I bought. I also stopped at a couple of other banks and picked up $300 in dimes - $220 in machine rolled, and $80 handrolled.

The dimes were a complete skunkaroo. The box had 2 90% Kens and 5 40%, which makes it the 3rd best box I have ever gotten.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread