OK results from my first box....

soldierman

May 18, 2006
I finally found a bank that orders boxes of halves. And doesn't have $1000's of already searched ones. I know of one other guy that searches rolls in my town. I know because the little old market near me always has halves. I guess the competition is pretty near and is buying his gas or milk at the old store.

So I picked up this box Tuesday and wanted it to last thru the weekend. I opened it about five rolls at a time. Really hard to do after finding my first Ben and first walker on the fifth roll on the first day. :o
Needless to say the box did good to last until Friday morning. I'm going to the bank again Tuesday and only getting half of the box. I don't want to hog them all.

Here is the loot.
64P (4) 64D (6) 65 (2) 66 (2) 67 (20) 68D (15) 69D (6)
51S 52 54 62
41S 42D 42 44

Also found a 2003P and a very shiny 71S proof. I laid all the 74Ds aside to check later with a 6x glass and have pretty good eyes. Out of 30 or so I didn't find anything that looked like a double die. I guess I shouldn't complain. You can't find it all in one box I guess.

Attachments

• first box.jpg
    first box.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 227
  • ben.jpg
    ben.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 238
  • walkers.jpg
    walkers.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 233
Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding!! I consider just one 90% per box to be great results and you had almost one roll's worth! Hope all your future boxes are as good, and welcome to the forum!

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Thats quite a nice return for one box. And I wouldnt be nice and only take half the box, lol, the bank can always order more if ya'll are regular customers. :) Carpe diem!

icegator

Apr 22, 2006
Maurice Louisiana
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
i would have opened that whole box that day how did you show control after finding that on the first day. great haul congrats

ice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread