OP
OP
goldinmypan

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
They made both silver and clad 1976-S. This one was clad. I found one of the silver ones last month but it was well circulated

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i love the 1776 - 1976 one .. cool one there m8 ..

Still nice finds

USTiger

OP
OP
goldinmypan

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
They were in better condition than all the other "S" mints that I have found. They had a film on the mirror part that wiped off easily with my eye glass cloth and although they had scratches they were much better than I would have expected from a coin roll. I just wonder if they all came from the same person. I don't know how many halves hit the depository at a time as to be rolled and found in different rolls in the same box. How many coins did this person dump that were rolled and in the next box???

I was going to stop getting boxes from this bank as to the lack of silver in the last month. I have several banks that will order for me and I am trying to figure out if they are coming from the same place. If the bank orders its money supply from say Union Bank the coins come from there but other post seem to indicate that the armored car co. may be the depository. I never sell back my coins to the banks that I am buying from but if the both banks are using the same depository then maybe i'm defeating my purpose????

I don't know. Maybe we should start some kind of "Where's George" for coins. Everybody have a different mark that they put on their JFKs and when other people find them they can reply to the list. I did mark one box of halves with blue marker that gives JFK a shirt. Covering the WE TRUST and mint mark. So anyone seeing one of these, they came from So. Calif.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread