Forum stalker alert! Be on the lookout for APUSH sneaking into your boxes!

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
So I was going through a box the other day and the results were....
2 40%'s ('66 and '67)
2 1974-D DDO's
and two halves marked APUSH!

I've decided that she somehow took the 1921 Walker and the Barber she got out of my box and replaced it with these two just to taunt me! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Oh, and the third 74-D (the farthest to the left) was in a roll of $40 in customer halves that I picked up at another bank.

Attachments

• IMGP1093e.jpg
    IMGP1093e.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 699
  • IMGP1094e.jpg
    IMGP1094e.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 671
  • IMGP1095e.jpg
    IMGP1095e.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 618
Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
LOL.. we need to wait to see if she will admit to this.

It's strange that I get those coins with old paint on them out here too. I've always been curious what they were all about. I even got those 10 years ago when I did CRH.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:

It's strange that I get those coins with old paint on them out here too. I've always been curious what they were all about. I even got those 10 years ago when I did CRH.

Many of those painted coins came from establishments that had jukeboxes. Management used the painted coins to get patrons into listening to some music in the hopes that the patrons would continue playing music using their own funds. Then when the machines were emptied the establishment would get their painted coins back.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
DigginThePast said:
SFBayArea said:

Many of those painted coins came from establishments that had jukeboxes. Management used the painted coins to get patrons into listening to some music in the hopes that the patrons would continue playing music using their own funds. Then when the machines were emptied the establishment would get their painted coins back.

Wow.. I never knew that. I noticed that the paint was always on older halves. I've even gotten a 40%er with paint on it. I didn't think they belonged to a guy marking his dumps. I learne something new today. Thanks
:icon_thumleft:

Moneypenny

Dec 30, 2010
Florida
SFBayArea said:
DigginThePast said:
SFBayArea said:

Wow.. I never knew that. I noticed that the paint was always on older halves. I've even gotten a 40%er with paint on it. I didn't think they belonged to a guy marking his dumps. I learne something new today. Thanks
:icon_thumleft:

Same here. That's cool info, DigginThePast!

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
That is so funny!!!! I know that she must have been been stacked with paperwork this week, or out of town....otherwise you would not have posted this......LOL.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too funny. I though she was against marking.... ::) :laughing9:

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
haha, she'll be so sad that we accused her...i feel bad that she'll have to try to explain how it wasnt her...and anyway, it doesnt even look like the nice hand writing i would expect from apush...keep it up and hh!

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy I feel sorry for you guys when she see this thread :wink:

I think the teach is gonna send ya'll to detention :laughing7:

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
I think I read a post from her stating that she marked some coins in the past, but doesn't do so anymore and felt bad about the ones she did.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Apush did mark those coins. And someone very astute noticed I marked over marked coins. I have started to mark a few as of late with dates so I can figure out how long it takes for them to come back around.

I have went back and forth over the idea of marking. I never mark anything that I believe someone might want to place in a book. Just the worse of the worse.

One day I got a bit frustrated as at least 50% of a halve box was marked with a Green "P." So, I was on a mission, so to speak. But that was quite a while back--at least, I think, 8-9 months ago--so that took a while to circulate.

And, yes, I have crappy handwriting skills. :wink:

Happy Hunting All! And thanks for the fun-post Mr. B. :icon_sunny: (P.S.--I think you must have got my boxes by mistake yesterday--only three little keepers out of 5 boxes--ouch!)

apush :read2:

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I almost forgot. I will suspend the detention, this time. Time off for good behavior. ;D

apush the principal :icon_sunny:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
apush said:
Yep, Apush did mark those coins. And someone very astute noticed I marked over marked coins. I have started to mark a few as of late with dates so I can figure out how long it takes for them to come back around.

I have went back and forth over the idea of marking. I never mark anything that I believe someone might want to place in a book. Just the worse of the worse.

One day I got a bit frustrated as at least 50% of a halve box was marked with a Green "P." So, I was on a mission, so to speak. But that was quite a while back--at least, I think, 8-9 months ago--so that took a while to circulate.

And, yes, I have crappy handwriting skills. :wink:

Happy Hunting All! And thanks for the fun-post Mr. B. :icon_sunny: (P.S.--I think you must have got my boxes by mistake yesterday--only three little keepers out of 5 boxes--ouch!)

apush :read2:

That's right .. mark your territory.. show that guy with the green "P" markings to back off. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions