Greenie
Jun 14, 2006
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, DFX, Surfmaster PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

As a teen in the early 1980's I searched a lot of coin rolls, my mom worked at a bank and used to bring home a few rolls of different coins each week for me. I have been an avid metal detectorist for about 15 years now, but have not searched coin rolls since the 80's. With this forum as an inspiration I purchased 16 half rolls today, I only found one '66 but I enjoyed the search and will be buying more in the future.

One question I have, the teller was very pleasant until she asked what I wanted all those halves for, when I told her I was looking for silver her whole attitude changed and she said, very sarcastically, "oh, your just going to open the rolls, look at them, then bring the loose coins back, thats great" Is this a typical response from bank employees? I thought they were employed to serve their customers (I have two accounts at this bank)?

Good luck to all in the big search, hopefully I will be posting some better results in the future.

Upvote 0

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I never, NEVER, take my coins back to where I buy them. You would just be going thru the same coin over and over. I usually make a joke with the teller and tell them: NO, I'm going to take them back to ____. ( whoever their biggest competior is in the area). ;)

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have told her no, I spend what I dont keep (which is what I do), then thanked her for the crappy attitude.

icegator

Apr 22, 2006
Maurice Louisiana
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
welcome to the forum and coin roll addicts annonymous. lol!! nice to get back in it. i would hit different banks and bring them to the bank i have the accounts at in case they give you hassle you can remind them of your accounts and that they cannot refuse any form of money, coin or bill. good luck and keep at it you usually hit loose halves at the banks that have silver in them.

ice

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah... since she gave you some attitude I would start bringing her halves from every other bank in town ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread