Found a new source for halves

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I've been at all our credit union branches trying to get half dollar rolls, but no luck, so I broke down and went to the main branch (I have other places I get them from too.) It's a little out of the way, but I bought 5 rolls. Two of the rolls have Franklins at the end. I'll search them tonight and let you know what I find.

Upvote 0

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
O.K. Bob, Listen carefully, this is how it works here and I'm only telling you once..........Rule #1.....5 rolls with Franklins poking out of 2 of them means that you rip them open like a homeless person who just found a bag of Dorito's........Rule #2.......Well, I guess there is only one rule..... ;D

HH all
Greg

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
TONIGHT!!! ROFL, I would have had those open as soon as I got in the car! ;D You have a lot of self-control that's for sure. Instant gratification for me, and I would have had to keep my eyes from popping out of my head when they handed me the rolls. ;)

icegator

Apr 22, 2006
Maurice Louisiana
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
are you crazy? open up the rest immediatly. man that takes self control. i have never found a franklin yet and he sees two on the ends.
congrats

ice

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Ok, so, its dark here, I think he aught to be home by now. Im sweating. I need to hear of someones big score already! Im a junkie...

OP
OP
B

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
You people are going to think I'm really weird, but I got busy with a project and forgot all about the halves. I'll do them tonight and let you know tomorrow what I find.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1235CE said:
O.K. Bob, Listen carefully, this is how it works here and I'm only telling you once..........Rule #1.....5 rolls with Franklins poking out of 2 of them means that you rip them open like a homeless person who just found a bag of Dorito's........Rule #2.......Well, I guess there is only one rule..... ;D

HH all
Greg

Rule #2.... Don't tell us this and then leave us hanging!!

Rule #3.... If it takes you this long to search them, then you forfeit all of your silver and it is split evenly amongst all of us here in the forum... Sorry, but it's the rule ;)

OP
OP
B

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well, outside of the two franklins, there was nothing. A few that were especially shiny, but no key dates or silver.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bobr said:
Well, outside of the two franklins, there was nothing. A few that were especially shiny, but no key dates or silver.

Two Franklins are still better than what most people get after months of searching halves!

Nicely done... but no more suspense next time, ok? :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions