One Down – Five To GO! (With Photograph)

Half-Hound

Jun 22, 2010
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
March 5th, 2011
Los Angeles, California

I visited my regular supply bank today (Saturday) and asked if they had any boxes of halves. They have been keeping boxes of halves available to me ever since I first asked about them six months ago – they are great people. I was told they had inadvertently ordered $3,000 worth of halves instead of quarters. So I plan to continue to buy one box each week until I have solved their problem!

This week’s box was a bit unusual – I found 8 40% halves and 8 Impaired Proof halves. I have never before recovered this many “S” mintmark coins from a single box. I know I found part of someone’s collection, and I am hoping the rest of it is in those other five boxes of halves.

My total silver coin find for this week amounts to 13 40% halves. That’s good for me, but I do wish several of them had been the 90% variety. I deliberately picked a black background for the accompanying photograph. I like the visual contrast of silver and black.

Half-Hound

2011 Silver Coin Totals: 16 90% halves, 62 40% halves and stuck on 11 silver dimes.

Attachments

• LITE Silver & Proof Coins 5 MAR 2011.jpg
    LITE Silver & Proof Coins 5 MAR 2011.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 612
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score. But I would try and do 3 or 4 boxes this week why drag it out to only 1 box a week. Someone else could go in there and get the halfs before you get back......Matt

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
Good score. But I would try and do 3 or 4 boxes this week why drag it out to only 1 box a week. Someone else could go in there and get the halfs before you get back......Matt

Absolutely!! You already know the boxes have a very good chance of being above average at least. Better go get 'em before someone else does.

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
I might have missed it in the post, but did you edge check the Bicentinnial halves? San Francisco minted both clad and 40% silver proof kens that year.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, :hello:

The 2nd coin from the bottom 2nd row in from the right. That Bicentennial is that a silver proof Bicentennial ?? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Great finds !! :o :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Hello, :hello:

The 2nd coin from the bottom 2nd row in from the right. That Bicentennial is that a silver proof Bicentennial ?? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Great finds !! :o :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

i agree...looks like silver to me...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions