Crazy quarters UPDATE Martha got mad at George when Barbera came to play

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
I just left the bank with my biggest quarter score to date. Now there was a catch because the tellers there know me and I'm friends with them so they know what I do and that the coins are worth more than monetary value. Anyways though I walked in today and the guy asks me if I collect silver quarters and I say yeah why and he goes because I have 7 dollars worth and I was wondering if you wanted to buy them from me and I say sure how much and he said I know they are worth about 2 bucks a piece so how about a buck a coin I told him sure but that I would feel bad buying at that price and showed him their real worth on coinflation and then he said okay how about 2 dollars a coin which I said if that's what you want for them and he said yes. The kicker though is that he said that he had to of missed a bunch because he was in a hurry and couldn't pull them all out so tommorow I got permission to by the bag along with the bag of dimes because he said the guy turned dimes in too. Needless to say I'm excited for tommorow. All in all so far I have 28 quarters today with 3 boxes of halves and 2 boxes of dimes to go through still.
Gl and hh,
Frank

Fyi- I know they won't pull out any more silvers out of the bag because I've known these tellers for a long time plus I told them I'd be bringing in some food for them tommorow.

UPDATE

So yesterday I got a call from one of the tellers and she said that they didn't know what bag of quarters it was that might have the coins I was looking for because it got mixed up with all of the other bags that they had. After hearing this my heart sunk. I asked her if she could do her best to find the right one and instead of buying 1 bag of quarters and 1 bag of dimes that I would buy two bags of quarters to increase my odds of getting the right bag because they had 5 full bags that were being shipped out that day one of which had my searched quarters from the day before. After work I rushed over there and she tells me good news we found the bag and asked if I still wanted the other one I thought about it for a second because I really didn't want the bag that I turned in the day before but reluctantly I said sure I'll take it. When I got home I started with the bag that wasn't marked because I wanted to finish hunting by getting some silvers. Halfway through the first bag I had nothing but the excitement for the next bag but then I pulled out a handful of coins and bam I see a very thin white coin. I removed the coins around it and I couldn't believe what I was looking at, my very first barber coin a 1898. You can but I got off the couch yelled yippy and did a happy dance. Its takin me 7 years to find one and for it to be a quarter astonished me because I go through ten grand a week in halves and dimes. Anyway I finished that bag up with one more silver. Now it was on to bag two were the real fun was. It seemed like the whole top half had a silver coin in every handful I took. I ended up taking out 51 silver Washington's out of the second bag. Dream bag for me.
Thanks for reading gl and hh,
Frank

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Crazy quarters score

That is a good score. Good thing you are on good terms with them.......Matt

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just goes to show you, the tellers can either be your best friends or your worst enemies.

huskie fan

Mar 6, 2011
Northern ILL

Wow good luck tomorrow! How did he know you would be there to buy them? I would rather be lucky than good any day.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

best to be honest with your tellers, good luck tomorrow!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

awesome finds! way below melt! wow! also, good luck on the bags tomorrow! hope they have 100's of silvers in them!!! keep it up and hh!

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town

if you haven't left yet to buy the bag, fill the dime and half bag to complete the score!

good luck.

OP
OP
T

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used

crazyjarhead said:
Sounds like a dream bag in the works. Let us know ::)

It definatly was more than I thought I would get when he said he missed a few I thought maybe I'd get 5 or 10 but not that many
Gl and hh,
Frank

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures please...

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Nice haul.. You have way more than silver than I will ever have. I think I only have like 3 silver quarters total. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
T

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
The pics

Attachments

• IMAG0022-1.jpg
    IMAG0022-1.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 325