New to coin roll hunting

daltonvz

Sep 14, 2010
Iowa
Went to my local Us Bank where we do alot of banking. I picked up 5 rolls of half-dollars and got skunked on em all. Now they seemed to me to be machine wrapped bc they were yellow and tightly wrapped. Im not sure if i should be asking for hand wrapped rolls or not. I can spend whatever amount i want on them its not big deal, but do i bring them back to the same bank or do i go to a different bank and then go back to that same one and get more? Tell me your secrets so that i may too have some fun and find silver :)

Upvote 0

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
First you should read the beginners guide.

The simple advice i will give you is
NEVER bring your coins back to a bank you pick up coins.
Always buy all the halves you can - eventually you will learn whats what
Dont brag to the unkowing to what you are doing. Each person you teach means less silver 4 u

OP
OP
daltonvz

daltonvz

Sep 14, 2010
Iowa
I have about 5 banks at my hometown. Do i need accounts at all of them in order to buy and resell halfs back? I have read the beginners guide like 5 times. Just wondering some other things.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
daltonvz said:
I have about 5 banks at my hometown. Do i need accounts at all of them in order to buy and resell halfs back? I have read the beginners guide like 5 times. Just wondering some other things.

You probably won't need an account to buy coins (unless you want to start ordering boxes), but you probably will need an account to cash them in. What I would do is use the same bank to cash in everytime and buy from the other 4. That way you don't buy your own rejects back.

OP
OP
daltonvz

daltonvz

Sep 14, 2010
Iowa
ArkieBassMan said:
daltonvz said:

You probably won't need an account to buy coins (unless you want to start ordering boxes), but you probably will need an account to cash them in. What I would do is use the same bank to cash in everytime and buy from the other 4. That way you don't buy your own rejects back.

Thanks for the info. Ya thats what i was planning on doing. But the bank i bank the most with wont like me bringing in all these half dollars all the time. But hey what are they going to do? Tell us to get our money out of there haha.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
daltonvz said:
Thanks for the info. Ya thats what i was planning on doing. But the bank i bank the most with wont like me bringing in all these half dollars all the time. But hey what are they going to do? Tell us to get our money out of there haha.

Actually, that could happen, and has happened to members on this forum. Or they might want to start charging you a fee to cash in your coin...that has happened too. Or you may have no problems whatsoever. You'll just have to try it and see what happens.

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010
Try to find a coinstar machine that gives cards for Lowes or stores you use.There is no fee for the cards taken out,and you know you won't see the coins for a long time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions