apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems Mr. Apush has all the luck here as of late.

Last night he culled the silver Booker T. Washington commemorative. Just a few weeks ago, the silver James Madison/Bill of Rights. The only commemorative I found was last year: clad Immigration.

Anyone find the Little Rock 9? I will probably just break down and purchase that one.

Boxes have been slim (10 boxes = 16-40% & 4-90%--also found 10 clad cameos as well). I only need 2008-S to complete my first set of clad cameos.

HSH,
apush :read2:

Upvote 0

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush...nice find on that Booker T. I've been waiting to find another Comm. (found a GW Comm last year), but may have to buy one since they seem to be as rare as 1970's. As far as your boxes go, that's an average of 2 silvers per box, so I would be happy with that. Although compared to your recent finds it probably feels like a disappointment. I'm sure you will back into the "good" stuff in no time :wink:.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Mr. Apush. Nice score on the Commemorative. :icon_thumleft:

Mrs. Apush, how many of the 10 boxes were skunks? Also, if you get stuck for a while on the 2008 S, just say the word and my extra one is yours, on the house.

HH

Nick

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Nice going.. haven't gotten one of those yet..

Did you up your weekly load to 10 boxes? That's a lot.

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cards. If I don't find one by year's end, I might just hold ya to it! :icon_sunny:

I could not, by any means, do those amounts of boxes a per week without Mr. Apush. No way. He helps me dump on Saturdays + picks up some for me during the week. I can only "do" boxes generally one night per week because of work (lots of afterschool & evening activities for high school kids).

HSH,

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apush said:
Seems Mr. Apush has all the luck here as of late.

Last night he culled the silver Booker T. Washington commemorative. Just a few weeks ago, the silver James Madison/Bill of Rights. The only commemorative I found was last year: clad Immigration.

Anyone find the Little Rock 9? I will probably just break down and purchase that one.

Boxes have been slim (10 boxes = 16-40% & 4-90%--also found 10 clad cameos as well). I only need 2008-S to complete my first set of clad cameos.

HSH,

According to my redbook, only silver dollar was made to commemorate little rock 9. No half-dollar was made.

FIRE310

Mar 22, 2011
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Ace 250, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Still waiting to find my first commemorative.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Apush,

You are still building up a nice pile there! Also, with silver so crazy high, it doesn't take a ton to be worth quite a bit. I rememer back when we debated even keeping 40%ers believe it or not. They were barely worth more than face value, and now they are easily over $5 each!

Nice on the commems too! I've never gotten one yet. I've scored Barbers, Walkers, Franklins, 1970D, 40% silver proofs, 1976S 40%ers, and even modern 90% silver proofs as well as two 1964 Silver proofs, but never gotten a commem. My uncle (who is just a CRH dabbler) scored one of the Statue of Liberbery commems. Oh well..... I keep trying :tongue3:

Nice scores! Keep at it.

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Yinzi50. You are correct. Need to keep checking my Redbook. :icon_sunny:

apush :icon_sunny:

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your 2nd Commemorative...I'm still looking for my 1st! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread