ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I wouldn't give you the face value of $24.50. However, new year coins do sell for a premium on eBay when they're first released. If it were me, I'd put them on eBay in lots of 4-5 rolls each and happily pocket whatever profit they brought.

jlr1076

Nov 17, 2010
So weird that people would pay a premium for zincolns, even if they're brand new. It's not like the value of these things is going to go up, right? Reminds me of how baseball card companies would put out "special edition" packs to create a false market. Pretty soon, that crashed out. Meanwhile, old and rare cards kept their value. Similarities between this and actual PM coins can be seen.

That said, whatacoin, take advantage! Put those babies on ebay and try to pry some money from some fools!

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Realy do not agree with Jr. The reason new coins get a premiun is for the odd chance that the new issues have errors on them . A perfect example 1955 D.D. 2009 Lincoln log splitter with a numerous amount of doubling of the fingers holding the book. 1995 D.D. and on and on . I agree that the new coinage in the U.S. is crap as far as its content. But lets just say that the mint let a 2011 penny out of the mint that was somehow a mistrike or a wrong date . You would be sitting on a treasure trove if you had a box . Thus the premium for new coins.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Get them out there on ebay quick - may be a premium there I haven't looked. Back in 2009 I was getting $150 or more for a boxes of cents. Sometimes you can get a good score...sometimes you just dump them. If you can hold them you will usually double your money on them in a couple years.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread