Odd buffalo nickel find

etfonehome4

Jan 7, 2011
last weekend I was in a rush to search through 50 dollars in nickels so that I could get to the bank before they closed at noon. I was pretty much just unwrapping nickel rolls and doing a quick search for the older patina nickels and I got finished with the nickels in enough time to go dump 100$ in pennies, 500 in dimes, 150 in nickels, and 230 in halves. I had the coins in different bags by denomination, and had dumped the pennies first, then the nickels. I was almost finished with the nickels when I checked the reject tray and took the coins out and threw them directly back on the conveyor belt. When the coins were half way up I noticed a buffalo nickel. It was very worn, but I managed to get it out of the machine before it went back through the sorter. This was my first buffalo nickel ever. I guess I should have taken my time searching.

etfonehome

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the buffalo nickel! I got 2 nickels (1928 and one NO DATE) in my last $100 box of nickels. They are fairly uncommon but I usually average 1 of either a buffalo nickel(No date usually) or war nickel per box of nickels along with 2-3 foreigns. Hope this helps you out!!!

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
E

etfonehome4

Jan 7, 2011
CHAINCHOMP said:
awesome finds!!! i love buffs! what date was it?

it was very warn. could hardly tell it was a buffalo even. probably why it got rejected. so.. no date

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions