Todays Mini Half Hunt Meets the Bad Cherry Picker!

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Today's Mini Half Hunt Meets the Bad Cherry Picker!

So I went on a little hunt on my lunch break today. Was only able to get to 5 banks total in about 30 minutes. First 4 banks had nothing, though the Provident did say they get them in somewhat frequently but someone just got them yesterday! Teller gave me the phone number and said to call and they’ll let me know if they have any.

Bank 5 was funny. Found myself a cherry picking teller! I walked into a Chase and asked if they had any halves. The teller pulls out a little ziplock bag of $18 worth of halves (1 roll and a bunch loose) in addition to about $10 in IKE dollars. Then she says that she already told someone else that she had them and was holding them for this person. I inquisitively said “first come first serve?” To which she thought for a second then asked how many I wanted, to which I of course asked for all of them. She said well what if we split it? I then did something I don’t normally do and asked if I could just pick some out, but she didn’t like that idea…

Sooo me being SUCH a nice guy said, well what if I just take the halves and leave the dollars for the other guy. She said that sounds fair and started to count me out the halves. She then starts saying that they’re all clad anyway because she’d have taken them if they were silver! I just smiled while looking at the silver in the bag! I walked out with 17 40% and 2 90%. She apparently thought that all JFK halves were clad! That bag with no silver in it wound up being 1 coin short of being 50% silver! :)

Makes me wonder how many Walkers and Franklins she’s hoarding!

Between this and yesterday’s box… I’m on a bit of a lucky streak!

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: Today's Mini Half Hunt Meets the Bad Cherry Picker!

put that dud cherry pickers bank on your list of call upon often list.

she rates eight up there with the two young tellers that told me when I asked if they had any halves at the drive thru window --the old teller said to look at the the sides if their all silver their good --but if there is a brown line there no good -- they said we got some that look like they been in a fire - 5 bucks worth-- you still want em? holding one up -- upon seeing they were tarnished silver 40%ers , I said yah I'll take em -- turned up 7 - 40% and 1 heavy tarnished 1964 (8 silvers out of 10 coins) --- I was headed to the coin store anyway to boot --- so for my $4 "investment" -- I got 34.50 back -- love those tellers that know nothing about 65 to 70 - 40% silver halfs ;D :icon_thumright: since was flipping em for $4 each --lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread