Bonus Box of Halves, my best yet, Utah Dream Box?

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before getting my 2 box order yesterday, I hit a couple of other banks. One of them said they had machine rolled Halves. I told them I wanted to buy them, but I was on my way to get $1000 of Halves. Well, I came back today and they still had them. It turns out they had an entire sealed box. I opened the box and found:

1 1964
SEVEN 40%s
5 NIFCs
A Magician's Coin? The front is a 1983-P while the back looks something like a British Penny.

Finally finished my first roll of 40%s and now have 6 extra. By far my best Silver haul in a box at 1.39 ounces. Also my first Multi-Silver roll since the final roll had 2 40%s. I've heard of Arizona dream boxes, so I guess this is a Utah dream box since Utah also has a reputation of being a heavily searched area. It's like Rileyboy always says, "It's out there."

Upvote 0

FIRE310

Mar 22, 2011
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Ace 250, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant argue with 8 silvers!!! Wife and I's best box to date has been four 40%ers...

dpy52081

Feb 16, 2011
Long Island, NY
The coin that is a half dollar/british Penny is in fact a magician's coin. It is used for a trick called "scotch and soda" really great trick. Google it :)

OP
OP
mleblanc138

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dpy52081 said:
The coin that is a half dollar/british Penny is in fact a magician's coin. It is used for a trick called "scotch and soda" really great trick. Google it :)

So my "British Penny" should look like the reverse of a Half Dollar on the other side then? Also, do I need a bang ring to open it, or is there another way?

brewboss

Mar 9, 2011
And they aren't cheap either! If you have a magic shop nearby stop in to see the price on them!

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! :icon_thumleft:
It is always good to see those boxes that produce above the norm. I hope it sets a new baseline for you as you continue to "mine" out there in Utah!
I lived out in Salt Lake City back in the early '90's. Beautiful country! Hope you enjoy it many years to come!
Best wishes, :hello:
Steve

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say Arizona is a hard hit state. Here in the east I have done 10 boxes of halfs with no silver to be found. I have been finding some in the dimes boxes so I been trying to do a few of those a week also......Matt

Whatacoin

Mar 5, 2011
Ocala,FL
Hey im a magician and i have the scotch and soda trick (its really awsome) the most common problem tho is axcedently spending them. Its even in the directions NOT TO SPEND IT! But at least someone here found it. You may be able to get about $20 dollors for it on ebay if its in good condition. :laughing9: of course you need the bang ring

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score :thumbsup:

HH...Miner

OP
OP
mleblanc138

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatacoin said:
Hey im a magician and i have the scotch and soda trick (its really awsome) the most common problem tho is axcedently spending them. Its even in the directions NOT TO SPEND IT! But at least someone here found it. You may be able to get about $20 dollors for it on ebay if its in good condition. :laughing9: of course you need the bang ring

The search for a Bang Ring is on. I would probably want to buy one in person to avoid paying shipping. And there's no way I would sell until I perfected the Scotch and Soda trick and performed it on all my friends.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread