Random bank stop-ins

tenseventyfive

Apr 25, 2010
I notice a lot of people post here that they stopped in random banks and got x # of CWR's and found a ton of silver, so I tried it out. There are a lot of highly concentrated banks in my area, so I hit about 7 or 8 yesterday trying to get some turnover (my supply bank hasnt ordered in a few weeks and I dont push them)
Most tellers looked at me as if I had three heads, but I was able to land $400 worth of machine wraps at one and $10 at another. Hardly seemed worth the effort when I could wait on full boxes from my supply (or maybe I need more supply banks and a bigger bankroll to work with) but I DID notice an odd coin on the end of one roll. Turned out that was a '64, and a few coins into that roll was a '42 Walker - every other roll was a skunk but that first one at least made it worthwhile.

Sure can't complain! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Congrats on the finds!

The random stop-ins are NOT a waste of time! I went to 5 the other day on my lunch break and the first 4 had nothing at all, the last one I scored 17 40s and 2 90s... I plan on creating area maps and doing them more frequently myself. I've even started tracking on and Excel spreadsheet things like bank, location, helpful tellers, if they had halves, silver, cherry picker etc....

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good score, that's how to do it. But be patient, because 90% of the time you won't find much, just hope for those days where you hit it big

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
lol - "random" there is almost nothing random when i go to a bank or banks - 95% planned 5% random

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
tenseventyfive said:
I notice a lot of people post here that they stopped in random banks and got x # of CWR's and found a ton of silver, so I tried it out. There are a lot of highly concentrated banks in my area, so I hit about 7 or 8 yesterday trying to get some turnover (my supply bank hasnt ordered in a few weeks and I dont push them)
Most tellers looked at me as if I had three heads, but I was able to land $400 worth of machine wraps at one and $10 at another. Hardly seemed worth the effort when I could wait on full boxes from my supply (or maybe I need more supply banks and a bigger bankroll to work with) but I DID notice an odd coin on the end of one roll. Turned out that was a '64, and a few coins into that roll was a '42 Walker - every other roll was a skunk but that first one at least made it worthwhile.

Sure can't complain! :thumbsup:

I hit 19 or 20 banks last week, which turned up a total of $220 in halves. $210 was from one bank.

All $220 was CLAD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread