Silver Eagles at Banks

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Today I stopped by a small bank to ask for halfs, of which they had none. The teller then asked if I wanted Silver Eagles. I said "sure how much?"
She replied that they were $32 each. I said $32??? She apologized for the increase and said they had them at the main branch and a teller was in training there and could bring them to me tomorrow. I told her I'd take some for $32. She is supposed to call me. What do ya'll think? Can it be true?

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
kd5txx said:
Today I stopped by a small bank to ask for halfs, of which they had none. The teller then asked if I wanted Silver Eagles. I said "sure how much?"
She replied that they were $32 each. I said $32??? She apologized for the increase and said they had them at the main branch and a teller was in training there and could bring them to me tomorrow. I told her I'd take some for $32. She is supposed to call me. What do ya'll think? Can it be true?

If you can get them at 32 bucks you should buy all they have. Even if you didn't want to keep them you can flip them for an easy profit.

Jim

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
That would be funny for a bank to not know the correct price to sell them although no banks around here ever sell them, period.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it can be true. I got 2 for $32 and 1 for $18.50 a couple of weeks ago.....Matt

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it can be true. some banks bought them when the silver was much cheaper. I bought 15 pieces at $15 each a year ago when the silver is $17.

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT sure would be nice :icon_thumleft: :hello2: to know the Banks :help: that have them? :thumbsup:

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember a few years back when my bank had them for $8.50 and I thought that was high :laughing9:

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
If you find silver rounds at banks, they are almost always priced below spot today. Often times they overpriced them, but with this massive increase in silver prices, almost all of them are now underpriced. Granted, you might be getting weird generic rounds, (such as, Happy First Communion, Happy Birthday, or Happy Halloween) but, it all melts the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread