Dimes are killing me!

db23

Mar 18, 2011
I just don't think I have what it takes to do rolls of dimes! 3 boxes netted me 1 single dime!

All 3 boxes were from different banks but all CWI.

The new bank I joined has bags of coins that customers turn in that they are willing to sell me. I'm considering these since at the very least I won't have to unwrap anything...

I've got to go pickup a couple boxes of halves from them on Saturday so I figure I'll grab a bag of either dimes or quarters and see how it goes.

That's all, I just wanted to rant about how dimes are killing me, especially when I see everyone else having so much luck with them!

Upvote 0

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
Try different banks too....don't be afraid to switch it up and go on road trips. Those are great at breaking dry spells.

HH,
cuttybce

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
To your original point, I have also noticed a serious decrease in dime finds since a year ago. But that won't stop me from looking.

OP
OP
db23

db23

Mar 18, 2011
I basically got my first box of dimes to hold me over the couple days until my boxes of halves came in. I got 1 silver dime in that box. My boxes of haves have been mostly amazing so far, in the about 1 month that I've been doing this I'm way further along then I ever imagined.

I can take a skunk of halves but all of that unwrapping of dimes is just killer!

buckanear

Oct 27, 2009
Can you get Brinks clear wraps?I about the same as paper.My luck was terrible with dimes at first,that changed.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't do boxes of dimes, customer rolls always seem to be better for me. Some people on here will find decent dime boxes. I just stick with bags or customer rolls. Theres always a chance someone dumped an old jar of change in a machine, or dumping off rolls that they don't know contain silver. That's what I'm bankin on, little old ladies cashin in some coin. Try ditchin the boxes, but keep at the dimes. You will eventually hit a nice score.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread