Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    us
    Jun 2009
    6 times

so who regrets selling off some?

depressed i sold off 30x rolls of 40% 2 weeks ago and i could have made another 150 if i waited...

Apr 2008
    440 times

Re: so who regrets selling off some?

Don't feel bad. Silver could have dropped 5 bucks just as easy. You should not feel as bad as the poster here who told everyone to sell at 30 because some guy he heard on the internet/radio/tv?? told him silver was gonna drop like a rock. Problem with trying to sell now and buy back cheaper is sometimes the market doesn't cooperate.

But like I always say here, unless you need the money for debts/bills, DON'T SELL!, until all the "we buy gold" shops turn into "we sell gold" shops and the sheeple start buying gold and silver. I think that by the time the public really catches on, silver will be as out of reach as many think gold is now.

Jim
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

us
    Mar 2011
    17 times

I have no intention of selling ANY... My plan is go get enough to start trading in on .999

us
    For what shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his soul?

Oct 2008
    Vienna, ME
    Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
    22 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

d2arcing,
    Jim and DB are spot on! Don't sell, trade up! That's my thought too.
    Don't worry over the past, get back out there and re-build that stash.
    Best wishes,
    Steve
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

um
    Jan 2010
    Fisher F2
    2 times

I am thrilled with the profit I made selling a few rolls at a time as silver kept climbing. The last was at 37. How can you refuse 1000% clear payout!!!! I will sell a couple more rolls around 40!!! HI HO SILVER!!!!

us
    Mar 2011
    White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
    5 times

not that im mad, but i wish i would have waited to sell my 4 rolls of quarters (1.5mos ago)

www.southeasterngold.com
    http://goldprospectingtips.blogspot.com

us
    Sep 2010
    19 times

I am selling some of my stash tonight, at $39.50 per ounce to one of my best friends. He is happy to get silver at melt and not have to pay taxes or a premium. I am only selling about 7.5% of my current holdings and am going to sell some each week until silver tops out later this year. I think a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush -- sure, you can hold onto your stash forever hoping for that magical $936 an ounce silver and then when you plan to sell the market crashes and silver is back to $30 an ounce or less. I am strategically selling off my holdings so I can pay down debt and do some home renovations for the wife. You should never feel bad about taking a huge profit!!! Just my fifty cents!

HH,

$ilver$urfer

us
    Apr 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
    13 times

Silver will hit $75 per ounce by November of 2012 at election time. Gold will be around $3k, give or take a few hundred. Gas will be around $4.50 to $5.00 per gallon and we will be in the middle of a double dip recession. Too many governments...nations, states, cities, counties...are in huge debt and have spent themselves into oblivion. The "Quantitative Easing" program of money printing by the Federal Reserve has hammered the dollar's value and made the dollar an easy target. At this point, when the dollar loses its status as the world's reserve currency, it might just be a footnote as the huge damage done by massive debt and money printing cannot be undone at this point.

Once inflation gets really gets going, it is just starting now, and interest rates start to rise you will really start to see the precious metals and all other commodities take off...

Looking back at $40 an ounce for silver and $1,450 an ounce gold you will sigh and say...man, wish I had bought that way back when LAST YEAR...
    Live each day as if it were your last.  Soak in and seek love and light and shine it upon everyone who will accept it.  Value your true friends like gold as they are more rare and valuable than you may ever know.  Live in integrity with all men.

us
    Feb 2008
    southern NJ/southeast VA
    93 times

Boy, I sure do!
    I had to sell a bunch when it was around 11 bucks a while back. If I had all the silver I collected and sold over the last 4 years or so, It'd be worth well over 35 grand.
    But the rent had to be paid. Darn landlord actually expects to be paid EVERY month-imagine that!

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2437 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I don't regret selling the 40%, as I used the profit to buy up. I won't be able to sell the 90% at any price, if it involves paper currency.
    When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors

Apr 2008
    440 times

Quote Originally Posted by TheRandyMan
    Silver will hit $75 per ounce by November of 2012 at election time. Gold will be around $3k, give or take a few hundred. Gas will be around $4.50 to $5.00 per gallon, and we will be in the middle of a double dip recession. Too many governments...nations, states, cities, counties...are in huge debt and have spent themselves into oblivion. The "Quantitative Easing" program of money printing by the Federal Reserve has hammered the dollar's value and made the dollar an easy target. At this point, when the dollar loses its status as the world's reserve currency, it might just be a footnote as the huge damage done by massive debt and money printing cannot be undone at this point.

Once inflation gets really gets going, it is just starting now, and interest rates start to rise you will really start to see the precious metals and all other commodities take off...

Looking back at $40 an ounce for silver and $1,450 an ounce gold you will sigh and say...man, wish I had bought that way back when LAST YEAR...
    It is almost already 4 bucks. I believe a barrel of oil will be over 200 bucks by next year, and that would translate into 6 to 7 bucks per gallon. Oil is already 109 or so per barrel and you don't really hear much about it on main stream media.

Jim
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

us
    Dec 2010
    629 times

Quote Originally Posted by $ilver$urfer
    I am strategically selling off my holdings so I can pay down debt
    HH,

$ilver$urfer
    I think that this is an excellent move. You are a very wise man for doing this.

us
    Apr 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
    13 times

Question...why pay down debt when governments are diluting their paper money supplies in an attempt to make it easier for THEM to pay down their debt? Why not just wait as every month that goes by the paper money that you use to pay the loan off is worth less and less and costs you less and less to pay off the debt with? Why not take the extra money that you would have used to pay off debt and BUY gold and silver, watch it move up up UP and make your debt even EASIER to pay off a year or two from now when it has DOUBLED in value while the worthless paper has HALVED in value??
    Live each day as if it were your last.  Soak in and seek love and light and shine it upon everyone who will accept it.  Value your true friends like gold as they are more rare and valuable than you may ever know.  Live in integrity with all men.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    477 times

I do and don't regret selling some 40%ers back in early December when it was around $29/oz. I needed the loot at the time and I got about 94% of melt, but yeah, of course I wish I had it back. I bought some ASEs and 90% coins below melt just after selling, so I'm not kicking myself too hard.

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck

Apr 2008
    440 times

Quote Originally Posted by TheRandyMan
    Question...why pay down debt when governments are diluting their paper money supplies in an attempt to make it easier for THEM to pay down their debt? Why not just wait as every month that goes by the paper money that you use to pay the loan off is worth less and less and costs you less and less to pay off the debt with? Why not take the extra money that you would have used to pay off debt and BUY gold and silver, watch it move up up UP and make your debt even EASIER to pay off a year or two from now when it has DOUBLED in value while the worthless paper has HALVED in value??
    In theory you might be correct, but it does not take into account the interest costs each month as you wait for the $$$ value to drop. Plus having excessive debt will affect other options you might otherwise have such as getting business loans, buying a home.

I read somewhere that debt = slavery. I personally would rather be completely debt free (talking about credit card, student debt, etc, not a mortgage).

Jim
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links