This should be a fun weekend starting Thursday!

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Tomorrow I pickup 4 Boxes from the bank I had my major score with last week.

Friday I pickup 3 Boxes from a new bank.

Saturday I pickup 2 Boxes from another new bank.

Sunday...

TD Bank HATES ME! This is going to fill 45 bags!

9 - 10 Boxes of halves a week is my new goal.

Upvote 0

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
nice nice...

thurs 4 for me, new bank, one shot
fri 6 for me, 2 banks

45 bags all same bank? gzz...

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not just re-roll your halves and drop them off at other banks, maybe $2K at 4 or 5 banks. Re-rolling only takes about 15 minutes per box once you get the hang of it. That 1-2 hours a week of re-rolling might end up taking less time to dump in the long run and will lead to less frustration from the tellers who have to change so many bags. Just my fifty cents! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

vetteguy96

Mar 11, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Tomorrow is my Birthday....I got ONE whole box coming tomorrow..........I'm Po Folk this week...........LOL

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
sigh if your serious about 45 bags do you think that maybe thats too much? After learning about people doing that at portchester NY all i can say is and maybe im wrong but its stuff like that that will help ruin it for the rest of us.
Some might say its not my business but when i cant order halves from a bank that got tired of a customer ordering multiple boxes ,going into the parking lot to look thru them and returning them 2 hours later it became my problem if not my business.

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will get tired of 45 bags a week and your fun will end real soon. I would just re-roll your dumps and drop off boxes of dumps at a few other banks in the area - spread them around so you don't piss your dump banks off too much! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer hello

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
::) ::) ::)
REALLY??? REEEEEAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
are you really planning on 45 fills of their coin counter bag? if your serious, i have to tell you, thats a REAL dick move.....i doubt you will do it more than once before they shut you down, and possibly force you to close your account...like quik said, that will ruin it for the rest of us.....there have only been a few dumba$$'s that come on this forum, and claim to do what you say you are gonna do...they never post more than 5 times before they get shut down by their banks, and stop posting. find a better dump bank that can holdmore $$$ per bag etc., or re-roll like $urfer said.....otherwise your gonna look like a REAL dick...

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TD won't shut him down. Company policy is to take ALL coin that comes in the door. They have people coming in all the time with huge water jugs full of change. 5 gallon buckets full from coin-op vendors. They take it all. 6% with no account, free for account holders. Between myself and four other hunters locally, we dump 11k a week in halves at 3 TD's. Never once have I heard a single complaint and I'm pretty friendly with quite a few tellers.
To the OP, if you look hard enough you may find a TD that has their machine set to $500 per bag. I've found 3 like that in Southern NJ. None are close enough to me to use them regularly, but my local ones just fill the bag 5 times. That cuts down on the paperwork for them.

The way most TD tellers look at it is that they get paid by the hour whether they're dealing with their window or in the vault logging bags. The coin companies they deal with are flat-fee based(Brinks here, I assume it's the same elsewhere) so it doesn't cost the bank extra for a lot of bags.

If I could afford to do 50 boxes a week I would! Or more!

OP
OP
db23

db23

Mar 18, 2011
OK OK OK... I should have mentioned that I have about 20-30 different TD branches within easy range between work and home... So I don't just go and dump 45 bags at one branch. I have been splitting it up, trying to do no more than 2 boxes worth at a time. Except for 1 branch that is very very cool, I also skip a week before returning to a branch.

1 Branch will actually pull the machine out of the cabinet so I can just dump directly into it. They also let me look through the bag to see if there was anything worth trading out...

I have also dumped a bunch of boxes by just re-rolling the original wrapper back up.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Good luck with your venture. 45 bags...wow.

I dump one $500 bag each week, and have been at the same bank for a few months. I can tell that I'm starting to wear out my welcome already.

In fact, I don't always even dump $500 because I try to spend at minimum $100 worth of halves every week buying gasoline, groceries, etc.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 Branch will actually pull the machine out of the cabinet so I can just dump directly into it. They also let me look through the bag to see if there was anything worth trading out...

[/quote]

You're very fortunate to find a TD that will let you do that, every one that i deal with tells me coins in the bags are strictly off limits. Good luck to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread