Coinstar reject tray

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
Went to the grocery store today, saw the Coinstar and remembered someone saying they check the reject bin for silver. A guy was using it, so I bought my groceries and checked again before I left. Now some lady was using it, so I went out to the truck. As I opened the door I realized I had forgotten to buy rice, so I went back in. The lady was gone, so I dipped into the tray, and found 2 coins! One is a 1970 memorial with a little spot of green on the back, the other is a 1988 English Penny. Not worth anything (Well 1 cent and... 1 cent) but neat anyway. Will make sure to check every time I'm in there.

Attachments

• pennies.jpg
    pennies.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 549

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finds are finds, good going!

Buying groceries is always a drudgery but I get myself in the mood knowing I can always check out the Coinstar for goodies. Last week I found two nickels, nothing fancy but it's fun to find anything.

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
I always check the coinstar as I go in and as I go out. I was lucky enough to find a silver rosie one of the first times I checked it. Havent been that lucky again with it. I almost enjoy the looks folks give ya as I beeline over and pick up the pennies onthe floor as well as whats in the bin. A penny saved (from the broom!) is a penny earned!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever since some folks have mentioned the reject tray every time I go to Kroger or Albertons I glance at the coinstar machine. Last night I actually hit a minor jackpot. Someone had left several coins at the one in the Kroger. Apparently they had spilled some soda on a few and they were stuck together and so would not go thru (I have these soaking right now, 5 pennies and 1 clad dime). Best of all though sitting by itself was a 62 roosie. These were not in the tray, they were on the shelf of the machine, I am surprised someone else did not grab them up. It is nice to get silver and only pay face value for it, it is even BETTER to get silver and not pay ANYTHING!!!!!! LOL!! HH all.

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
I've only gotten lucky at the coinstar once, but believe me when I tell you that I am giving it a hard look as I pass by with my groceries in the cart on the way out the door!
HH,
Bob

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I used the coin star for the first time the other day. I had the leftovers from 2 boxes of penneys and I sure didn't want to reroll them. I also didn't want to pay extortion. But I do need to by somethings from Linens and things so I dumped all the penneys in the machine. It kicked out a quite a few but I thru them back in and in most cases it took them the second time. A few keep coming back and when i looked at them a few were damaged but some I have no idea why they were rejected. Needless to say I DIDN'T leave them in the reject tray. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread