ikes?????

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
There are so few of the Ikes worth keeping, I would probably pass on the offer. If you are an active ebayer or Craiglister, some people have made a few bucks selling them to idiots. At most after fees, you might mahe 20 cents each. If that isn't a waste of time, go for it. If you have a good working relationship at the bank, ask to take a peek at them before you buy them. The edges of the silver (40% dollars) glow brightly and ring loudly if bounced. Have fun, Jim

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I'd buy them all, especially if you have the free cash to do it.

You never know when a Peace or Morgan is sitting in the stack. I bought all the Ike's one day, and got a Peace dollar out of it.

Ike's are SUPER easy to dump. People seem to love them.

Buy them all, and either sell them on ebay for a small profit, flip them fast, or hang onto them. I have tellers that collect Ike's. It is awesome to offer them to the tellers that collect them, especially if they hold all their halves for you. :thumbsup:

If nothing else, spend them at retail, and the young cashiers will drool over them. :laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
some ikes can have silver content -S - most do not however * but if your going to plan to spend a few bucks (say 80 bucks outside of the local area --thus getting rid of these ikes)-- doing the tellers a "favor" and getting rid of the "dead" ikes that they have to hand count all the time --might make you some "freinds".

vetteguy96

Mar 11, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I listed 4 Bicentennials in real nice shape on eBay....Sold for just over $12 with a few dollars shipping....... Just sayin'

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Buy them. Ive sold around $100 of them on Craigslist for around $1.25-$1,50 each plus you never know if there is a 40% in with them

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
A buddy of mine told me his friend just bought a $1k bag of Ikes, and paid $3k. I've seen small lots sell at $3-$4 a coin at auction.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
fistfulladirt said:
A buddy of mine told me his friend just bought a $1k bag of Ikes, and paid $3k. I've seen small lots sell at $3-$4 a coin at auction.

I'll sell my 163 ikes to his friend for $2 bucks apiece :laughing7:

no, really, I will.

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
I sold $88 on feebay a month or so back and they sold for $129 plus shipping. I made a couple bucks. There are a ton of suckers out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread