Put a smile on my dump bank tellers

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Got hot here today (just over 90 degrees)and the tellers gave me the 'evil' eye as I walked in with my dump of $500 in halves. I thought maybe today would be the time to make nice, so before I even put the box up on the counter, I asked how many people were working in the bank. The teller said 7, why? I said I think everyone could use a hot fudge Sundae to help cool them off. She smiles ear to ear and said really? I said let me give you these, and I'll be back in a few minutes. She never has ever given me my money so fast. I was back within maybe 15 minutes and just about all the tellers and the manager were waiting for me. I got a lot of thank you's and the teller said you can bring those darn coins in anytime you want. YEA, thats what I wanted to hear. For my $25.00 expense I have cemented a great dump place close to home.

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
give a teller (mouse) a cookie..................

spjegues

Apr 22, 2010
ID, UT, NV
Great story . I have found that a little kindness goes a long way in this teller relationships. The money spent in giving them things will pay off in not having to pay for rolled coins.

Spjegues

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I brought my pick up bank a box of donuts yesterday... I can not believe how easy it is to make a bank full of women happy.

I think I have a bank full of friends for life now.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading this post and looking at the responders attitudes and comparing that thier finds. It is very interesting

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
You did a very nice thing.
I agree that being nice to the girls will always work.
I have taken pizza to them a few times,and I get to do
stuff others can not.
Food is the fastest way to the silver.!!! lol :hello2: :hello2:
Gl
well done
hh
Dan

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Dang, I will be your teller!!! I could use a trip about now. I am a teller and yes, I do pick out coins for myself, but if we get a load of something and it is more than I can get, I am more than happy to call anyone that collects. We save two dollar bills for people and even try as hard as we can to pick out good looking bills when people ask for them. Yes! Kindness to tellers will get you far in this game.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I gave chocolate easter bunnies to 2 of "silver" dishing tellers :wink: :icon_thumright:

ancesthntr

Apr 15, 2011
I will stop at the local Krispy Kreme and bring in a box of donuts the next time I dump coins - it never hurts to be nice to people.

FYI, last time I dumped halves, I got back $496, though I only took out 4. I mentioned to the teller (a guy) that the Fed must've shorted me - though I always stack my halves 20 deep before putting them back in the box, one layer at a time, so I KNEW that I had $498). Anyhow, I came back a week later to dump pennies and one of the tellers returned the extra $2 to me - they had found it near the machine when cleaning up after I left the first time. I really, really appreciated the honesty, and told them all that. Of course, they're watched by cameras every minute, so they don't have a choice, but nonetheless I thought it appropriate to say, "Thank you" in the circumstances. It also made me happy that it seems that I'm the only person they refer to as "the half dollar guy" - IOW, no one else is dumping there, and there aren't too many other places with coin counters locally, so maybe I'm alone (or almost so).

Anyhow, I'll be doing the donut thing, hoping that they'll not only serve me with a smile, but also look for silver for me. I will also do the same at a couple of additional banks that I will open accounts with since I want to use for dumping in the future. Nice always pays dividends.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Okay...I've got a dumb question:

It seems like I have a bunch of health nut tellers at my pick up and dump banks. Will dougnuts, pizza and milk shakes really do the trick?

Anyone got other ideas for me?

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
clovis97 said:

It seems like I have a bunch of health nut tellers at my pick up and dump banks. Will dougnuts, pizza and milk shakes really do the trick?

I'd go with bagles or muffins.

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
clovis97 said:

junk food works best. all those people who claim they

will not partake will be big customers when the hot pizza

is actually in front of them.

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work for a local brewery and each time I dump coins I bring them pint glasses, or t-shirts and hats... the freebies I have left over from a weekend promotion. They love it and always greet me by name when I bring in my buckets of halves!

Its great to not feel guilty for dumping 30lbs of change now!

ancesthntr

Apr 15, 2011
I brought a dozen doughnuts to my usual dump bank last week when I dumped dimes. Smiles all around, and one teller that I had never met before was especially friendly. One other guy, who knows me by name, apologized that the machine (new) took so long to count the coins.

I'm bringing in about $200 of nickels and $85 of pennies today, let's see how long they remember the doughnuts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread