Faster roll checking

saturn19

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2011
The best ideas are simple,mine's no exception. I'm calling this device a Rollpickā„¢. It reduces roll loading and unloading time alot. Built it out of file folder material, it generally lasts a few thousand coins. The size pictured below is for dimes.

acqyr6.png

Step 1: Unloading the roll
3354ej7.png

Step 2: Checking the rims
1432pgy.png

Step 3: Reloading the roll (the coins slide in at angle)
334qmtt.png

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for pointing this out for other CRH'ers... All my rolls in my area are clear-wrapped, therefore I do not need one of those to spot silver...

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
saturn19 said:
The best ideas are simple,mine's no exception. I'm calling this device a Rollpickā„¢. It reduces roll loading and unloading time alot. Built it out of file folder material, it generally lasts a few thousand coins. The size pictured below is for dimes.
Very similar to this technique that I posted here about dimes. I use it for all silver edge searching of coin rolls myself.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,392019.msg2794465.html#msg2794465

I use a side/bottom corner of a small rectangular plastic food container. It holds the stack in alignment for edge-searching, then you can tilt and slide the stack right back into the roll. Your setup is certainly a lot smaller and much more portable than mine. Very ingenious and very well done!

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread