Got some more silver today plus promising cent bag

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Did my second box of nickels this week with good results. Got one war nic (1945P) and over 30 pre-1960 including my third 1955 (funny since it took a couple years to get the first one -- the last one needed for out complete set).

Also got a bag of quarters from my favorite source bank (don't do quarters much, but they didn't have any dimes -- quarters were a skunk as expected...)

Picked up one 1968D 40% half from the teller -- no dumps, just silver!!! (she saved it for me!)

And........ She had also saved me a $50 bag of cents. I could see several wheats on the outside of the bag, and she said, "yep we thought of you when someone brought in tons of wheat pennies -- we just ran them through the machine and saved the bag for you". Not sure how many are in there, but can see several just looking at the bag! My daughter and I will open the bag tomorrow (great Sunday afternoon activity, especially since it's supposed to rain). Will post pictures and final wheat count tomorrow. I expect we will break our record of 20 wheats in one bag ;D

Goes to show there is no substitute for good relationships with the tellers to make this hobby more fun/productive.

Upvote 0

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Sounds like you will shatter your record of 20 in one bag. I hope there are some Indians in there for you too. Pics would be nice.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice, sounds like some good tellers you got there. Good luck on the bag, I'm sure it'll be a good one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread