OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!!! I will keep those aside, sorting by state right now!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a box of quarter last week because my halfs didn't come in. I didn't find any silvcer but I did find 2003S and a 2007S quarter someone must have broken up some mint sets. I was happy with them......Matt

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I've found a total of six extra leaf WI quarters. They are only from the D Mint. I found them back in 2005 when we lived in San Antonio TX. That was one of the few places they were released in any number so just dumb blind luck....

They are pretty valuable coins, but very hard to come by in the wild. There are 2 varieties, one has the extra leaf up higher on the stalk -- it's the scarcer one. The low leaf is a bit easier to spot and a little more common.

Best pictures probably search the web -- easy to find.

Would love to hear if anyone else has found any.

HH

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will check my wisconsin quarters, I have a decant pile set aside.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Numismaniac said:
I've found a total of six extra leaf WI quarters. They are only from the D Mint. I found them back in 2005 when we lived in San Antonio TX. That was one of the few places they were released in any number so just dumb blind luck....

They are pretty valuable coins, but very hard to come by in the wild. There are 2 varieties, one has the extra leaf up higher on the stalk -- it's the scarcer one. The low leaf is a bit easier to spot and a little more common.

Best pictures probably search the web -- easy to find.

Would love to hear if anyone else has found any.

HH

I check all my Wisconsin D quarters but have never found any of the extra leaf varieties. I hardly see many D mint state quartes in Pittsburgh regardless. I've been getting quarters lately to try to fill my gaps in 2009 and 2010 coins which I have yet to find in the wild. Found the Hot Springs and Yellowstone P mint quarters yesterday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread