5/5/11 more skunks

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
I finally managed to go through the $830 in dumped halves from my buy bank, plus 2 boxes that I picked up at the same time on Wednsday. For those that missed my post about it, those $830 in dumped halves were used to pay for most of a buy of 2 boxes from the bank by another customer. The head teller was upset that the customer had brought them back to her bank, all rolled and put in boxes. They were taking up space in the vault reserved for 2 boxes of next weeks halves order. I bought them from her to keep her from getting stuck with them. Makes no sense either, as that customer had been buying 2 boxes a month like clockwork and she said this was the first time he ever brought back his dumps. Maybe he's disgusted with the skunk halves boxes that have been coming from Garda.

The $830 was all skunks. no silver, but it did have a 2005D NIFC.

Box #1 was my 12th skunk Garda box in a row. No silver, but it did have a 2000S clad proof. The obverse has mirror finish in most areas with an overall mirror finish reverse. The dull looking finish in some areas looks like there is some contaminant on the surface. An alcohol dip did not remove it.

Box #2 was my 13th skunk Garda box in a row. No silver, but it did have a 2001S clad proof. It has a somewhat normal looking non-prooflike obverse with an overall mirror finish reverse.

I included pics of the 2000S obverse/2001S reverse, and 2000S reverse/2001S obverse to show what I mean.

Searched 2 Brinks boxes of dimes, both skunks, as usual.

Searched 1 box of N.F. String & Son wrapped quarters. Was a skunk for silver but I did find over 3 rolls of mixed BU States, Parks, and Territories quarters. Older dates but mint fresh. The Federal Reserve must have flushed some more stored older quarters into circulation.

Have had no luck finding loose or CWR's of halves in the last few days. Looks like I need to expand my coverage area some more. The bank ordered boxes just aren't cutting it with all of these skunks. I keep trying though, the skunks have to end some time.

Bob

Attachments

• 05052011-01.jpg
    05052011-01.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 05052011-02.jpg
    05052011-02.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 05052011-03.jpg
    05052011-03.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0