Bags vs. Boxes

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've inquired at my main supply bank (wells fargo) about getting bags of coins vs. rolled & boxed. They said they only come rolled and boxed from the vault.

Has anyone had success in ordering bagged coins (unrolled) and if so from what bank and did you have get the service manager to put in a special order to the vault?

Seems to me they should be able to do it, the industrial coin sorter/counters put them in bags anyways. Out here in Los Angeles I've not found a bank that actually has a coin machine in the lobby or behind the counter. This was quite common in Minnesota where I grew up , but out here I think its just to populated to have that in the bank.

Any tips would be appreciated.

HH,

Bigheed

Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I have never gotten bags out here in all my years of CRH. I've seen bags of loose ones where people turn in to dump but that's it.

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
Ive only been able to get 2 bags of halves a year. they just don't circulate here much. I get 5 boxes a week. whenever I do get a bag its always good and I even found a large cent in one last year. I get about 2 bags of dimes a week and do better on those than boxes. my best box was 22 and my best bag was 112. My advice, get bags whenever possible.....except quarters of course

captaindoug

May 1, 2011
this is my first week, went to bank of America here in central Florida and asked for a bag or box of halves not really knowing which either one of them would look like, anyway she had two bags and I took one, it contained two 40%, one $2 Hong Kong and one 50pence piece. The bags were clear plastic. Picked up the other one yesterday and only got dirty fingers and the enjoyment of going thru them.

eolson3

Apr 11, 2011
i live in chicago. I managed to find a bank that lets me buy bags as often as i want in any denomination. its all about old local branches

kat_wsale

Apr 17, 2011
eolson3 said:
i live in chicago. I managed to find a bank that lets me buy bags as often as i want in any denomination. its all about old local branches
I get 3 1,000.00 bags a week from the biggest bank around,but it is still privately owned.

SpareTime

Greenie
May 5, 2011
Northern Il
I was just asked by a first time visit to a local bank (suburbs north of chicago) if I'd like bagged coin. It's easier for them! I said sure....Let's see what it looks like next Thursday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread