Copper Penny sorters - Worth the money?

SpareTime

Greenie
May 5, 2011
Northern Il
Hi all. I have access to penny bags from a friend that has a penny candy machine business. I didn't know they still existed until meeting him either! Anyways, would a copper zinc sorter make sense to sort and resell? Is feebay the only place to sell copper 82 and earlier pennies?

Is this thing a good one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Copper-Penny-So...181?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6381f535

Thanks for the help so far!

Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I persomally odn't like the coinalyser. I like the ryedale.

Do this. Search for ryedale (and its various spellings and misspellings) here as topics and read those threads. They answered your questions, just about a month ago.

:-)

incomenet

May 16, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
V3i
You can find these coin comparers for $10-$15 plus shipping, search for "chowhe taiwan", if you can build the box yourself. These will require you feed the coins one at a time. I am trying to figure out how to build something that will auto feed one coin at a time into these. Anyone have any suggestions?(inexpensive).

I think these can be set up to separate zinc from copper as well as wheat's from the coppers. I would like to use two in series to separate out, but need to have a way to bulk feed. You can also get cheap counters to add to these.

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
I just updated my coin sorter post at

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,393980.0.html

incomenet, I spent a lot of time on the coin hoppers to automate the coin feeding process. They can be bought pretty cheap on eBay, I bought 4 of them for $16 each + shipping. It cost me about $20 each for the dime conversion kits to convert a pair of them to dimes and pennies.

I doubt I'll be selling coppers on eBay, but I will be culling the wheats from the rest of the coppers with a multiple coin analyzer setup.

Bob

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I heard "survivalists" are really into these pre-1982 pennies. I read somewhere that those dudes are buying up bank boxes, sorting with these machines, then sitting on tons of them hoping the feds will lift the melt ban.

kat_wsale

Apr 17, 2011
SpareTime said:
Hi all. I have access to penny bags from a friend that has a penny candy machine business. I didn't know they still existed until meeting him either! Anyways, would a copper zinc sorter make sense to sort and resell? Is feebay the only place to sell copper 82 and earlier pennies?

Is this thing a good one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Copper-Penny-So...181?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6381f535

Thanks for the help so far!
I have a Ryedale and its awesome. I am selling the coppers and so far have made 170.00 profit after sorting 1k in pennies. Should have the machine paid for by just coppers and wheats,in two more weeks. I have it set up to sort dimes to. I bought another wheel and modified it carefully to accommodate the thinner dimes and its sorts out the silver no problems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread