Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    May 2011
    Northern Il

Copper Penny sorters - Worth the money?

Hi all. I have access to penny bags from a friend that has a penny candy machine business. I didn't know they still existed until meeting him either! Anyways, would a copper zinc sorter make sense to sort and resell? Is feebay the only place to sell copper 82 and earlier pennies?

Is this thing a good one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Copper-Penny-Sor...item1e6381f535

Thanks for the help so far!

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

May 2006
    CO, AZ
    dfx, Ryedale!
    133 times

Re: Copper Penny sorters - Worth the money?

I persomally odn't like the coinalyser. I like the ryedale.

Do this. Search for ryedale (and its various spellings and misspellings) here as topics and read those threads. They answered your questions, just about a month ago.

:-)

us
    May 2010
    Northern Ohio
    V3i

You can find these coin comparers for $10-$15 plus shipping, search for "chowhe taiwan", if you can build the box yourself. These will require you feed the coins one at a time. I am trying to figure out how to build something that will auto feed one coin at a time into these. Anyone have any suggestions?(inexpensive).

I think these can be set up to separate zinc from copper as well as wheat's from the coppers. I would like to use two in series to separate out, but need to have a way to bulk feed. You can also get cheap counters to add to these.

us
    Mar 2011
    Southeastern Tennessee
    1 times

I just updated my coin sorter post at

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...,393980.0.html

incomenet, I spent a lot of time on the coin hoppers to automate the coin feeding process. They can be bought pretty cheap on eBay, I bought 4 of them for $16 each + shipping. It cost me about $20 each for the dime conversion kits to convert a pair of them to dimes and pennies.

I doubt I'll be selling coppers on eBay, but I will be culling the wheats from the rest of the coppers with a multiple coin analyzer setup.

Bob

ge
    Apr 2011
    Georgia
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    6 times

I heard "survivalists" are really into these pre-1982 pennies. I read somewhere that those dudes are buying up bank boxes, sorting with these machines, then sitting on tons of them hoping the feds will lift the melt ban.
    LMAO

us
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SpareTime
    Hi all. I have access to penny bags from a friend that has a penny candy machine business. I didn't know they still existed until meeting him either! Anyways, would a copper zinc sorter make sense to sort and resell? Is feebay the only place to sell copper 82 and earlier pennies?

Is this thing a good one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Copper-Penny-Sor...item1e6381f535

Thanks for the help so far!
    I have a Ryedale and its awesome. I am selling the coppers and so far have made 170.00 profit after sorting 1k in pennies. Should have the machine paid for by just coppers and wheats,in two more weeks. I have it set up to sort dimes to. I bought another wheel and modified it carefully to accommodate the thinner dimes and its sorts out the silver no problems.

us
    Mr. FreedomUIC to you!

Jan 2010
    NUNYA
    371 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by silver spoon
    they will not lift the melt ban save those wheaties though..
    [R.I.P. Rich Hartford - Champion CRH of All Time]

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors