Just an observation

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a charter member so long I don't remember if this info is available to regular users...

At the top of the board I can see everybody who is reading a board or a topic. I just happened to notice there were 59, yes I said 59 guests on the crh board! These are people are below lurkers, they are parasites. They simply take info and do not contribute to this hobby in any way shape or form. Oh and by the way they are also, most likely your competition, so be careful about the info you are giving to each other on this forum.

Just my opinion from an old timer....take it however you want.

Upvote 0

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Well, I don't want to be rude to anyone so I will let them in on a secret. There is NO silver left in MS. Don't waste your time. I found a lot a year ago. Now nothing. Hope that helps.

mightyzep

Dec 5, 2007
Well, I quite often do not log in to read what people wrote, although I do have a login. I would bet others fall into this category. I am a little confused by the warning of secrecy, as I see it, if you dont want anyone to know what you find, don't post. I have not shared too much of what I have found, for that reason. But I love to see a big pile of Walkers, it gives me hope that I might find a box like that some day. I believe this site does cause more poeple to get into this hobby, whether or not it really lessens our takes from each box or bag or roll we search, I don't think we can measure. How could we know what percent of people DONT go to this site? My take is the site is good, reading about people's finds I find enjoyable. If I find a dream box some day I'll probably post pics.

cn2005

Greenie
Mar 4, 2011
MA.
WOW it sounds like your scared of someone moving in on your territory but its not yours its all public so get over it and get what you can while you can, there's gonna be competition any were you go

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
47thelement said:
I've been a charter member so long I don't remember if this info is available to regular users...

At the top of the board I can see everybody who is reading a board or a topic. I just happened to notice there were 59, yes I said 59 guests on the crh board! These are people are below lurkers, they are parasites. They simply take info and do not contribute to this hobby in any way shape or form. Oh and by the way they are also, most likely your competition, so be careful about the info you are giving to each other on this forum.

Just my opinion from an old timer....take it however you want.

Let's not forget that some people might be checking in on the forum via an iPhone, and they are not logged in.

dpy52081

Feb 16, 2011
Long Island, NY
I don't share my tried and true secrets. This hobby is like fishing, I might teach you how to tie a knot or cast a line, but I sure as hell won't ever tell you where my best fishin' hole is :)

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
dpy52081 said:
I don't share my tried and true secrets. This hobby is like fishing, I might teach you how to tie a knot or cast a line, but I sure as hell won't ever tell you where my best fishin' hole is :)

Exactly right...I'll talk about what to look for in a good fishing hole (and recently did in a CWR thread) but sure as heck won't point at a topographical map and tell you where I catch my big ones (name which banks in my area save their halves in a bag in the back, and which cash them in to the depository every week.) In fact, I'll probably just say "Wells Fargo on 42nd St." and laugh every time you pick up all the "fish" I threw back. If you aren't smart enough to find your own treasure, you don't deserve it IMHO.

If someone were to tell me that they got into this hobby because of the information I shared, I'd be estatically happy, because that is how I got into this hobby, the information left on this board gave me just enough info to get me hooked. Even if this theoretical person moved in "my territory" I'd be just a little miffed, but still happy that I was the cause of somone else's happiness in a new hobby. Which banks in my area are good and which are bad is something I learned myself, and something someone else will have to learn.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats the difference between the parasites who "guest" in and the parasites who register? They are all still parasites looking for your silver. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions