Dump banks

dpy52081

Feb 16, 2011
Long Island, NY
it depends, mark a few crappy dates and see when u get them back. I figure it depends on who the armored service is cause the all end up at the same facility anyway.

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State
Most likey they will use the same service, and you will get your dumps back pretty quickly. It is also possible that the bank or coin service may just bring your dump box right over to the pick-up bank. I have had that happen to me before where Loomis delivered to my pick-up bank a brinks box full of searched halves that someone had dumped at another bank on their route.

Even if that doesn't happen, I would still strongly recommend against dumping at the same Bank where you pick up. Tellers do move between branches, and do talk. If they find out you are picking up at one bank and dumping at another, they may be more likely to cut you off.

If you are going to have banks order boxes, my advice is to open accounts at several banks, and then use some as dump banks and others as pickup banks. If you are just searching rolls that they have on hand, then it probably won't be an issue.

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
Pickup and dump at banks that use different coin services. Buy a box of dimes or pennies to figure it out for sure. I'd stay away from questioning the tellers on who the coin service is.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
WormtownFJR said:
Pickup and dump at banks that use different coin services. Buy a box of dimes or pennies to figure it out for sure. I'd stay away from questioning the tellers on who the coin service is.

oohooooo, have i ever made that mistake...the tellers were SOOOOOOO freaked out...almost didnt wanna walk in that bank again for the fear that id be tackled and pinned to the ground :laughing7: keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Yeah... walking in a bank and asking about their coin service and pickup times probably won't lead to any happy endings :laughing9:

The best advice I can give is buy and dump at different banks, and in different towns (if possible). Once you get to know all the banks in your area, you might notice that some banks have a different carrier.

HH!

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
silverfinder20 said:
I bank with Wachovia and I was wondering if it was okay to order a box from Wachovia and dump it at another wachovia 2 miles away from the branch I ordered it at? Would I be looking through the same coins I already searched or no. If someone can give me advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Since you bank with Wachovia can you deposit at a Wells Fargo since they are being joined. My guess is that they would not talk yet and hopefully they use different carriers. If they are not integrated yet I would still ask Wells Fargo to exchange for cash since you will be their customer soon enough. Either way for a single box I would try any bank other than Wachovia for dumping.

HH,
65GT350

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread