All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a bummer. Don't you wish you could give each box a quick visual before you lug it home? Good luck on the other one!

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went thru second box, not too bad. One 90%, 15 40% and 1 1974D double die (#95). HH

rocko

Apr 13, 2006
Houston
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett at
the banks always give you a weird look but they have to take it its money

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Excellent results on the one box,congratulations on the silver! :) Sorry to hear the other was all 1993D halves.

Minelab rick, I take whole boxes back to my bank branches weekly and they don't give me a difficult time at all. But that's becuase I FINALLY found a really good bank with friendly tellers at all the branches. I had a very nasty and rude encounter when I first started returning the rolls of halves.

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minelabrick - actually I do not take my boxes back to the bank. I spend the halves. It is a slower process, but it has a good benefit. Many of the places I spend them at keep them, which takes them out of circulation. If they are not in circulation, that means I do not have to go them them again. HH

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I spend all my halves also. Some cashiers love them and ask if I have more.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I always vary the bank branch I take them back to, but I have an account at 2 different banks...so I order them from bank "A" and always return them to different branches of bank "B".

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, actually they were in the same machine rolled wrappers.

mxtswinger

Jul 27, 2006
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI
Howdy- new to the forum and to this topic. If I can butt in and ask a dumb question- What is a "box" of coins. ??? Do you get a box of one denomination or are they mixed?

Thanks
Kevin

Showtime

Jul 4, 2006
Northern Virginia
A box is a box from the bank that contains multiple rolls of coins. for example a box of halves is $500 and 50 roles of haves - a box of pennies is $50 and 100 rolls of pennies

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
MTX, give it a try. Its addictive so be careful. You can always check your coins at night so it shouldn't cut into your swinnnnnnnnnn OOPS maybe thats the swinging you don't want to interupt. :D :D

Showtime

Jul 4, 2006
Northern Virginia
They do have them at one bank I go too. They are in that bank's boxes not mint or armored car service boxes. and they are two layers so they might just be how that bank does it i don't know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread