Strange but true = free silver

da1984

Apr 3, 2009
Just wanted to see what you guys think about this. A week or so ago I purchased some junk silver on ebay for what I thought was about $27 an ounce. After the auction ended, but before paying, and because the deal seemed too good, I emailed the seller to ensure that we were on the same page. Everything seemed good so I sent my payment. The next day the seller contacted me that he thought there was a misunderstanding and he would refund my money, I agreed and he promplty made the refund. Out of the blue yesterday I received a package from the seller with a 5 ounce Soeul Olympics Comm. Coin. with no packing slip or other paperwork enclosed. I thought he must have just made a mistake and contacted the seller. He said he just sent it out of goodwill just for my trouble. How weird is that, a coin worth at least $175 for my trouble, what gives?

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would imagine that the seller unintentionally misrepresented what he was selling, and/or the auction didn't get bid up to nearly what he was expecting. After you contacted him, he realized his mistake. He also realized that you probably could have forced the issue with eBay and he would have had to relent the silver to you at a much lower price than he intended or face bad feedback and/or possibly getting kicked off the site or some other eBay sanctions. For your generosity of letting him off the hook, he sent you the coin.

That would be my guess anyway. If my guess is correct, it was a nice gesture from the both of you.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
da1984 said:
Just wanted to see what you guys think about this. A week or so ago I purchased some junk silver on ebay for what I thought was about $27 an ounce. After the auction ended, but before paying, and because the deal seemed too good, I emailed the seller to ensure that we were on the same page. Everything seemed good so I sent my payment. The next day the seller contacted me that he thought there was a misunderstanding and he would refund my money, I agreed and he promplty made the refund. Out of the blue yesterday I received a package from the seller with a 5 ounce Soeul Olympics Comm. Coin. with no packing slip or other paperwork enclosed. I thought he must have just made a mistake and contacted the seller. He said he just sent it out of goodwill just for my trouble. How weird is that, a coin worth at least $175 for my trouble, what gives?

What Gives is that you don't understand the human heart and believe me it's not weird but Honesty, Love and Compassion for your fellow man. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread