Have not had time to CRH but did Get

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I got the "A" bomb. >:( No love from "A"Mark. It was my first purchase from them.

Maine_Jim

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
These were ordered from Apmex. They sent all the ATB 5oz coins to PCGS to be graded. For some reason they packed the boxes in such a way that you got a certain grade of coins for all the coins. Some people would get a mix of BU/MS68 and those boxes were marked with a small 'A' in the corner. Some boxes were mixed MS69PL and DMPL those generally had a 'B' in the bottom corner. The C boxes and D boxes are ones with MS69 PL/DMPL coins. Still random (as far as I can tell) which box you get, but the coins in the box were not random.

P.S. To stay on CRH topice... Got my first silver dollar from a teller a couple days ago, was sweet! 1881 S Morgan. Some guy standing next to me in line started spouting off that it was worth $37 which it's not... but in any case why would you tell them that? I am a collector, I've kept the coins I found and have also put the Morgan in my collection.

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
conpewter said:
These were ordered from Apmex. They sent all the ATB 5oz coins to PCGS to be graded. For some reason they packed the boxes in such a way that you got a certain grade of coins for all the coins. Some people would get a mix of BU/MS68 and those boxes were marked with a small 'A' in the corner. Some boxes were mixed MS69PL and DMPL those generally had a 'B' in the bottom corner. The C boxes and D boxes are ones with MS69 PL/DMPL coins. Still random (as far as I can tell) which box you get, but the coins in the box were not random.

P.S. To stay on CRH topice... Got my first silver dollar from a teller a couple days ago, was sweet! 1881 S Morgan. Some guy standing next to me in line started spouting off that it was worth $37 which it's not... but in any case why would you tell them that? I am a collector, I've kept the coins I found and have also put the Morgan in my collection.

lol maybe he still thinks its $50 an ounce xDDD

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
conpewter said:

I hadn't opened my box, yet. So after reading this post, opened my box (a 'B' box). I got (4) MS68DMPL and (1) MS68PL (Grand Canyon). Anyone wanna get rid of a Grand Canyon MS68DMPL????

HH,
Legend

OP
OP
K

kalebdad

Sep 24, 2010
I just spent $2,100 getting 7 more sets to PCGS. Hope to have some nice ones.

JD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions