question for all you BRINKS DIME BOX searchers

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I am thinking on doing more brinks dime boxes. I have only done 6 boxes of dimes(brinks) and have gotten roosevelt dimes.

My area only supplies me with $250 brinks dime boxes.

What is average for a box of brinks dimes($250)?
How common are Mercury dimes? I want to get my first merc :)
My last 3 dime boxes have been shorted: $2.70, $2.70, and $0.70... each producing 1 dime.

I am averaging the following:
$250 Dimes 1947(p), 1963(p)
$250 Dimes NOTHING
$250 Dimes 1948(p)
$250 Dimes 1947(p)
$250 Dimes NOTHING
$250 Dimes 1963(d)

so I am averaging almost 1 dime per box, is this average?

Also, how common are those Canadians? I am pretty far from the border and average 3-5 canadian pennies per penny box and ~1 canadian nikel per nickel box.

Thanks all for reading and any response to help me out is greatly APPRECIATED!!!

hh
bUFFALObOY

Upvote 0

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
I have done dime boxes and found 1 or 2 dimes per box. I found more mercs then rosies. I do much better with bags off the counting machine. I average 10 to fifteen per bag ($1000). you will find the mercs if you keep looking. Good luck and HH.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have searched Brinks dimes in the last couple years, I found one thin silver, a merc. I don't know if I've ever been shorted, as I have never counted dimes (at least the last $100,000 worth). I only know when the machine counts them as cents.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been averaging 1 silver per 2 boxes. I have found lots of mercs in my boxes. You just have to keep looking and they will show up......Matt

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
I agree with Treeslayer. I get $500 bags and get 3 silvers or more 80% of the time. He is doing alot better than me on Mercs, but I agree with him on dimes overall. Mercs are about 12 to 15% of my dime finds.

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
if you are getting shorted that much on those boxes, then you need to change hobbies... it is costing you money... even finding silver... I have hunted hundreds of boxers of dimes and never been shorted like that

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
minton7 said:
if you are getting shorted that much on those boxes, then you need to change hobbies... it is costing you money... even finding silver... I have hunted hundreds of boxers of dimes and never been shorted like that
Brinks boxes here are notorious for having short rolls

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
Ive done two boxes so far. one of CWR i got 1 lone rosie, and on the other brinks, i got 3 at the end! all rosies aswell. i got lucky with my FIRST silver dime being a mercury in just $70 of CWR =]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions