Today was good for halves too (7/26/06)

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I went back to that bank in the small town today and bought the remaining $1570 in halves. They used a kid's wagon to carry the coins from the vault to the teller counter. LOL. Results: I got 5 - 40% halves and my FIRST BENJI!! Woohoo. Four of the silver halves were in the same roll. I didn't get as many silver coins as I would have liked but the Benjamin made my day.

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that great when ol' Ben makes an appearance? Congrats on the silver!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to check the 1974D for the double dies! I have found 95 so far. Well, actually 98, but 3 of them were beat up Vegas halves, so I put them back in circulation.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I have yet to find one 1974 DD. But then I am a relative newcomer to the fantastical world of coin roll hunting.

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
Congrats!! Still looking for my first silver or 74DD (but it's my own fault - I only get a couple of rolls at a time).
However, I am having a lot of fun with the pennies right now. Just about to finish my first box and a half, looking for error coins. Have actually found a surprising number of minor errors, but nothing worth much. Still, it's a lot of fun looking. You know, I have really come to admire a brand new penny under x5 power magnification as a work of art!!
HH,
Bob

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
HobBob, I was searching through about 3500 loose pennies last week, and I noticed that a penny doesn't REALLY look the way you picture it in your mind. The lettering is different, Abe is more vivid... they almost looked foreign to me. It was a pretty neat revelation.

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
I know what you mean... did you spot the tiny VDB on the bottom edge of Lincoln's torso at about the 7 o'clock position? I never knew that the initials of Victor D. Brennan were added to memorial pennies. I thought that only the 1909's had a VDB mark (and on the reverse side). Amazing!
HH,
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread