Looks can be deceiving... (a few pics)

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I ordered my second box of halves last week, and went to pick it up Wednesday. When I got there, the teller brought out the Brinks box, and suggested I open it to make sure all was there. Since it was sealed, I wasn't worried much about it, but went along. Well, she opened it up, and one of the 50 machine wrapped rolls was only half full! Plus, it looked like all of the rolls had been opened at one end and rerolled! I'm thinking "someone else's dumps, and I'm getting screwed." She opens the half full roll, counts them out, turns out to be $4 short. I got there right after work, a few minutes before the bank closed, and nobody there knew what to do about the shortage. They called a different bank, who advised them to hold onto the whole box until the next day when they could notify Brinks.

At this point, I'm torn. I've been building goodwill at this bank, so didn't want to leave them hanging after ordering me a box, but on the other hand, I didn't want to end up having to dump someone else's dumps. I end up agreeing to pick up what's left later.

Tonight I was again able to get off early enough to make it to the bank before they closed, so I decided to pick up the box. The head teller was there, who explained that she added $4 in halves to the missing roll, and that I could now buy the box. She also stated that she had an addition roll I could buy if I wanted to. Of course, I took them all. On the way home I looked through the CWR that she sold me, and found a 1967 40%. I'm thinking that at least I got something out of this fiasco.

I get home, and start going through the box of MWR's. Before opening any, I find a 1967 staring me in the face at the end of one of the rolls. I find 4 more 40%'ers out of the first 10 rolls! I ended up with an astounding 15 x 40%'ers, out of a box I almost didn't take!

8 x '67
1 x '68
6 x '69

HH all! I know I did tonight!

Attachments

• DSC03306.JPG
    DSC03306.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC03307.JPG
    DSC03307.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0