Comedy of Errors

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
So my wife, daughter and I went to a neighboring town for to do a little business. My half boxes weren't in yet, so we stopped to get some dimes....$800.00 of dimes...and 7 Eisenhowers that I figured were worthless. I told my wife to spend them on groceries or something.

Had fun edge-sorting those, but threw out a few pesky canadians which I learned tonight might have had value. We found just one 64 Rosie.

Now to the coin-counter, cash back and more dimes...this time $750.00 dollars worth. In these we found 3 more Rosies in the last few rolls.

Free coin-counter once more, broke the machine with my dimes in it. My totals square, so no lost money.

Getting home, Coinflation informed me that the Eisenhowers were worth $12.00 apiece, and pre-68 Canadians were not to be sneered at.

Bye the way, the wife had not spent the Ike's yet, so we're good. Dumb, but good.

HH Hunting, and I wish I could have gotten to know Richard Hartford.

Upvote 0

seinfeld4077

Mar 19, 2011
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
were they silver clad ikes?? 40% silver, or just clad ikes...which are worth a dollar each...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the edge of the ikes have a copper look, spend them for $1, if they look 40%, keep them.

HH
BuffaloBoy

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
yep, coinflation doesnt specify that they are worth the $12 IF they are a S mint mark... other then that, spend em

OP
OP
Piledriver

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Thanks gang.

Yes, I checked Coinflation again and read the fine print. The Ike's don't weigh up, so the wife can spend 'em.

Whoever said "Ignorance is bliss" really knew what they were talking about !

HH.

PD

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
nice finds! one question...if you found some canadian coins, why would you throw them in the trash? put them with the rest of your rejects and try putting them thru the coin counter, and a lot of the time it will accept it...keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

OP
OP
Piledriver

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
@ Chainchomp

We give the Canadians to our daughter that helps us search.

I am convinced that not very long from now, American money will be worth less than Canadian even in coin.

So somebody will be willing to trade straight across, or with boot.

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Speaking of Ike's, I saw on feebay last night where someone was selling 10 Ike's and the bid was around 35 dollars....Clad ones too...Some people are morons :laughing7:

OP
OP
Piledriver

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
You could probably sell any toned clad for a premium...("silver", you know). But I haven't the moral torpitude to do that to anybody.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions