Well, thats a good start to the weekend... (pics)

MSUCE99

Apr 12, 2011
Well, that's a good start to the weekend... (pics)

I've been suffering a streak of skunks for weeks now. Been through lots of banks asking for halves and most didn't have any. Also went through probably $800 in dimes without finding any silver. Haven't found silver in weeks.

Today, I finally found one with some in stock. Got $140 of rolled halves. Figured they were dumps, but saved them to search later when I had time.

Went by one more bank, kind of as an afterthought, and one of the tellers had $4.50 in halves. I'll take them. She said, "Don't you want to look at them first? Some look kind of funny." The one on top was a 1943 Walking Liberty! I said, "I'll take them."

That $4.50 yielded me a 43 WL (my first Walking Liberty :hello2:), a 62 Franklin, 2-64 Kennedys, 2-65's and 1-66 Kennedy.

Then I started going through the $140 of rolled halves, and I found 5 more 64 Kennedys and 33 40%ers. I think the third roll in I found 1 of the 64s and 15 40%ers in that roll alone.

Don't you just love moments like that when you realize you're in the middle of something beautiful?

Total haul was:

1 1943 Walking Liberty <= This is my new favorite coin. I think it is beautiful.
1 1962 Ben Franklin
7 1964 Kennedy
36 40% Kennedy

I picked up $100 of dimes to search over the weekend, but I don't expect anything out of those. Anything else this weekend would just be gravy. ;D

Top pic is of the 90%s, bottom pic is of the 40%s (sorry it's so blurry). Hope you enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• IMAG0152 (Large).jpg
    IMAG0152 (Large).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 313
  • IMAG0153 (Large).jpg
    IMAG0153 (Large).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 309
Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Re: Well, that's a good start to the weekend... (pics)

Excellent Haul! Keep at it because it's out there.
Congratulations
rileyboy

dougbfromnorthga

Apr 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd say that is an excellent start or a whole week. Good job. HH Doug

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

amazing finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread