Sweet Home Alabama (Kinda) Road Trip Results

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Last week I did pretty good in New Mexico with 8 silver including a Walker, Franklin, and 1964 Kennedy. So, this week it was off to Alabama for work. Did manage to hit a few banks. Not as much silver, but it was fun:

Day one: On the way to the Airport I hit one bank in a small town that I've never stopped by before. Got a 1968D 40%er and a nice 1972D Ike. Plus two clad halves. I was excited, not even out of my home state and silver already!

Day two: Hit about 20 banks in Montgomery, AL. Not a lot of halves to be honest. I did get very excited when a teller at one bank told me she had $50 in halves. One of the other tellers asked how she got that many. No kidding, she said "remember that old lady brought in her entire collection". I had visions of Barbers, Walkers, Etc. Well, it was a collection of CLAD!!! Oh well. They were mostly in the 1970s.... No silver at all on Day three :(

Day three: Hit another 10 banks in Montgomery. I only hit once for silver, but it's a funny story. I asked the teller if she had any halves. She said she had $2.50, but they weren't silver--they had checked them. Asked if I still wanted them. I said yes (always say yes!). Well, thank goodness for 40%ers. Of the five halves, three were 40%! Two 1967s and another 1968D -- I smiled all the way back to the car.

Total haul for the trip: Four 40% halves. No complaints. I'll take what Silver I can get ;D

HSH and RIP Rich

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread