Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    us
    Apr 2011
    22

    Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    Dimehunters especially, does anyone take the time to carefully unwrap the machine-wrapped rolls and try to re-use them, or do y'all just tear the paper and re-roll the coins in different wrappers?

    Everytime I ask for dimes, they give me machine-wrapped rolls, and I'd go through a lot of papers if I tore every one. The alternative, though, really slows me down if I try to carefully un-crimp one end of the MWR and try to re-use the roll.

    Just wondering what everyone else does?

    Thanks, and HH.

  2. #2
    us
    Mar 2011
    666
    17 times

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    I reuse the machine rolls for halves sometimes but never for dimes, those always go in the coin machines. I guess if you are doing small quantities of dimes it wouldn't be so horrible, but when I get machine rolls I am generally going through 2-4 boxes.

    When you asking for dimes are you just asking for rolls of dimes? I specifically ask for "customer rolled dimes" when I ask. I only get machine rolls when I get boxes.

    To uncrimp I use a flat screw driver, works great on halves, never tried on dimes though. I take it you don't have access to a free coin counter that is accurate with dimes?

  3. #3
    us
    Sep 2010
    SoCal
    Teknetics G2
    354
    10 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    First couple of dime boxes I ever did I re-used the machine rolls. Then I found coin counters...would never go back to rolling dimes again.

  4. #4
    us
    Apr 2011
    753
    23 times

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    brinks is your best friend, i love the clear wrapped. i have gotten the paper, it isnt TOO difficult to unroll using a knife to uncrimpe the edge. no coin counting machines here, so thats the only way.

  5. #5
    us
    Apr 2011
    22

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    Yes, I'm doing small quantities and there are no free coin counters local. If I took them to the bank loose, it would tie up my funds for a few days at a time until they counted them and credited my account back.

  6. #6

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    Quote Originally Posted by brendan1414
    brinks is your best friend, i love the clear wrapped. i have gotten the paper, it isnt TOO difficult to unroll using a knife to uncrimpe the edge. no coin counting machines here, so thats the only way.
    Do you have good luck with the clear wrapped dimes? I've bought 3 clear wrapped Brinks boxed and got skunked each time, but I have only been skunked 3 times total out of perhaps 30 paper wrapped boxes. Maybe it was just bad luck, but I'd love to hear how others are doing with the clear wrapped dimes.

  7. #7
    us
    Mar 2011
    109

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    Most of the time I do paper wrapped dimes. It takes me about an hour to carefully uncrimp the rolls, dump the coins out, rim search, and put them back in the re-used wrappers.. I have done this in the strings&son white and green colored wrappers as well as the brown and green wrappers (Garda?). The strings&son wrappers are easier to do. The brown and green wrappers are a little more difficult. Actually the most difficult ones are the brown wrappers (Garda, I think) for pennies!!

    My typical order is 4 boxes of dimes (along with other denominations). I can get through all 4 boxes the same day. (It takes me about 4 hours for 4 boxes).

    I do all denominations in mostly paper. Here is my opinion on difficulty:
    Halves (easiest)
    Quarters (2nd easiest)
    Nickels
    Dimes
    Pennies (most difficult)

  8. #8
    us
    Apr 2011
    22

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    Quote Originally Posted by db23
    When you asking for dimes are you just asking for rolls of dimes? I specifically ask for "customer rolled dimes" when I ask. I only get machine rolls when I get boxes.
    First time I asked for dimes, they started tearing open a brand new box of machine wrapped rolls, and they were all new 2011 dimes. So I said, uhhhh, nevermind. Then I asked for customer-wrapped rolls, and they gave me rolls that had somebody's account number, or name and phone # on them, and I had about $600 worth of CWRs with NO silver. So I don't know what's worse - getting CWRs that somebody else apparently had searched through already, or MWRs that are sometimes all brand new dimes. Neither one has produced much silver for me lately. I'm on about a $900 skunk streak with dimes right now.

  9. #9
    us
    Mar 2011
    666
    17 times

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSUCE99
    Quote Originally Posted by db23
    When you asking for dimes are you just asking for rolls of dimes? I specifically ask for "customer rolled dimes" when I ask. I only get machine rolls when I get boxes.
    First time I asked for dimes, they started tearing open a brand new box of machine wrapped rolls, and they were all new 2011 dimes. So I said, uhhhh, nevermind. Then I asked for customer-wrapped rolls, and they gave me rolls that had somebody's account number, or name and phone # on them, and I had about $600 worth of CWRs with NO silver. So I don't know what's worse - getting CWRs that somebody else apparently had searched through already, or MWRs that are sometimes all brand new dimes. Neither one has produced much silver for me lately. I'm on about a $900 skunk streak with dimes right now.
    Just because the CWRs don't contain silver doesn't meant they've been searched. It's frequently all about luck, just like everything else about this hobby. For the most part I have had much better luck ratio wise with CWRs. I wouldn't give up on them too quickly.

  10. #10
    us
    Mar 2011
    Southeastern Tennessee
    319
    1 times

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    I won't buy Brinks dime boxes or rolls anymore. Besides every one being a skunk, I grew tired of getting shorted an average of a couple of dollars in every Brinks dime box.

    I do buy Loomis or Garda boxes, but prefer CWR's or bags of customer dimes from the coin machines. I do re-use the rolls, even the machine wrapped rolls. I'll probably be rolling a lot more dimes now, may just have to invest in a rolling machine. It's less of a gamble to dump rolls than running loose dimes through the bank coin machines. I was shorted over $283 last thursday when a bag containing exactly $1002.00 in dimes counted out to only $718.89 on a bank coin machine. It's going to take a week for them to audit the whole mess and try to find my missing money. I tried to tell the head teller to check the penny bag in the coin machine for the missing dimes. It's brutally obvious from the count that some dimes were counting as pennies

    Bob

  11. #11
    us
    Feb 2011
    PNW
    garret 350
    465
    70 times

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    The only ones I rewrap is the halves. Easy to remove and replace. All others get dumped in a coin machine. My bank does not allow halves or dollars in the coin machine and they must be rolled, halves that is. Plus all the dimes pennies and quarters i get in boxes are brinks and they are plastic wrapped.

  12. #12
    us
    Nov 2009
    Lexington KY
    Garrett Ace 350
    309
    35 times

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    I think reusing the loomis or brinks roll(yes I know I'm gonna offend people) is about as tacky as marking coins. I ask for halfs and the bank says" yes we have $400 in machine wrapped coins from loomis" then when they bring them up there is tape on the rolls and I am forced to buy the dumps. Pet peeve of mine, don't be that lazy.

  13. #13
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    10,795
    2720 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    I re-roll smaller quantities of customer rolled only. Never tried the machine wrapped re roll, as I usually just dump at the counter. As far as Brinks clear-wrapped go, if i get a box of Brinks dimes in my order, I refuse them, or try and swap them out with a String box. Brinks are the worst.
    “They’ll go over like a Led balloon.”

  14. #14
    us
    Oct 2009
    1,023
    10 times

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    lol reused machine wraps is the best way to tell someone just dumped.

  15. #15
    us
    Apr 2011
    753
    23 times

    Re: Does anybody "reuse" the machine wrap rolls?

    Quote Originally Posted by oxbowbarefoot
    Quote Originally Posted by brendan1414
    brinks is your best friend, i love the clear wrapped. i have gotten the paper, it isnt TOO difficult to unroll using a knife to uncrimpe the edge. no coin counting machines here, so thats the only way.
    Do you have good luck with the clear wrapped dimes? I've bought 3 clear wrapped Brinks boxed and got skunked each time, but I have only been skunked 3 times total out of perhaps 30 paper wrapped boxes. Maybe it was just bad luck, but I'd love to hear how others are doing with the clear wrapped dimes.
    I do quite good with the clear wrapped, havent been skunked once yet out of 5 boxes. first one i did i got 3, then 1, then 1 silver and 1 proof, then 2 silver, then another 2. so i average two, and they are QUICK to go through, and it seems tellers take them over clear wrapped since they look "official" so its easy to dump. LOVE EM <3

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

brinks coin wrapper

,

coin roll hunting how to open the new coin wrappers to be reused

,

how to reuse brinks rolls

,

loomis green wrappers

,

plastic wrapped brinks

,

reuse quarter wrappers

,

reusing coin wrappers

,

reusing machine rapped rolls

,

reusing plastic quarter rolls

,

treasurenet customer wrapped rolls

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0