ha ha ha ha! A little revenge

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Decided to take a little road trip this morning. The first bank I went to I asked if they had any halves. The teller says "I've got 5 in my tray I can sell you." I of course say sure, and she proceeds to turn over every damn one, looking at the date before placing it on the counter. In my head I'm thinking nasty thoughts, but I force a smile and thank her.

Soon as I finish paying for them, the teller next to her finishes with his customer and says he has some too. Heh, my teller narrows her eyes and furtively glances at him, then says to me, "I'll get those for you honey." I quickly step over to his window, saying "that's OK, I don't want to be a bother, thanks for your help" with a sweet smile to her. He proceeds to count out $7.50 in loose halves and 2 rolls, while she's desperately trying not to watch. :laughing9: I expect she had words with him right after I left.

Turned out to be no silver, though he did have an exceedingly nice 1996 S proof. Probably the nicest proof I've found to date, almost cut my fingers on the reeding, it was so crisp. Bright mirror finish, frosted cameo, even the eagle on back is frosted. My photos absolutely do not do the coin justice.

Attachments

• DSC03321.JPG
    DSC03321.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC03325.JPG
    DSC03325.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0

dougbfromnorthga

Apr 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love those aha moments. That proof is a keeper. Thanks for sharing. HH Doug

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
nice find! nice job on teaching that teller whos boss! :laughing9: the color of that proof almost looks as though it were made of silver...silver proof? keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread