New to forum, had some luck today w/halves

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I started getting the silver fever about six weeks ago (Once again, i feel like im late to the party). So the fever led me to junk silver coins which led me to CRH.... And I imagine, all of you know how the story goes from there. Anyways, today i was driving to pick something up, saw a bank, got the itch, and figured what the heck. They only had 3 rolls of halves, first two duds, third roll.....4-40%'s. That was nice, it sure is funny how 20 bucks worth of "almost free" silver feels like 200 bucks when you get it this way... Well, once that happened I felt like a.... on..... As I'm sure most of you can fill in the blanks there. I went to another bank in the area, they had $160 in loose halves (they were all in envelopes which was weird). Found another 3-40%'s and my first 90%. So it seemed like a good night, a couple quick stops and the take was 8 total. Anyways, I was totally stoked to find this website, I look forward to many good things to come from it. Tonight after my find, I ordered four boxes from WF. I will post results.

Chris.

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, beginner's luck is awesome, that is what hooked me instantly to. The first bank I went to had $7 face of halves and it had 3x64 and 2x40% , I was instantly hooked.

welcome and HH,
Bigheed

Theolog

Greenie
Apr 5, 2011
Beginners luck can have lasting effects. On my first day of coin roll hunting my bank did not have any halves, but the teller called another branch. They had some in their coin counter and agreed to pull $50 worth out for me. (I started small just to see if there really was anything out there.) I drove over and got the five rolls. I got one 1964 Kennedy and four 40% from those first five rolls. I cashed in the skunks and went back to get more from the same bank. I eventually emptied out their coin machine and got a total of 2 90% and 9 40%. I was hooked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread