Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read this board and decided to give it a try.

1st bank only had $44.50 in halves--------------------Nothing

2nd bank had $263.50-----------------

1-69p
3-69d
6-68d
3-67p
1-66p
2-65p
16 total 40 % 'ers

3rd bank had $500,00------------------nothing in the first $200.00. I doubt that I will search the other $300 because it looks as though someone else has searched them. All of these were wrapped with a wrap around with the ends curled and the end coins were visible. I can only imagine that a machine did this.
The rolls from the first two banks were cylinders and I reused them.
Total time = 30 minutes buying and 3 hrs 45 min searching about $500.00 in halves.
I lucked out on one roll------it had 9 good ones in it.
Should I search the other $300????????????
Have a good day, Marvin

Upvote 0

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
You MUST search the other rolls...I've had the same thing happen and almost didn't check all the rolls but decided to...resulting in some of my best finds. (Franklins and Walkers) You just never know....

p.s. Even if you find nothing else your first try was a winner! ;D

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
gotta check those out. If not, send them to ringding, PO Box 107, Atlanta, Ga.........well, you get the point.

Showtime

Jul 4, 2006
Northern Virginia
I agree check them out you never know what you'll find, and if there's nothing you spent some time on the couch in front of the tv relaxing. So nothing lost :P

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Hey if they are machine rolled, I would think they would be even more likely to have silver.
Hand rolled would mean more likely they had been searched by people like us...machine rolled = direct from large banks or armoured car companies.
Even if they are hand rolled, there is only one way to find out what is inside, right?
;D

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congrats on all the silver, and yes if they are machine rolled I would definitely search them. The only time I do not search machine rolled halves is when I see that one end of each roll has been opened and just bent over. Then I know they were searched and returned, and some of those open rolls have hash markes around the one indicating a searhes mark.

OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just completed searching the other 300 in 1/2's------------------nothing.
I timed myself on the re-rolling----1 minute per roll start to finish and that included counting to 20 twice per roll. That was with new papers.
Total was 6hrs 15min total to buy, check for silver, and re-roll around 800 dollars worth of halves.

Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread