2 boxes of halves, just opened- enders!!!!!!!!!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up 2 boxes of halves from the bank, I always check for enders... first box: 1966 and what I believe is another silver ender by the looks of it!!!

Box 2: a silver reverse, (looks silver, i'm sure it is), 1968d, 1969d!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a 10% chance that if the roll has silver in it, they will be on the end, and out of 100 rolls, I have 5 enders!!!!!!

This box has potential, will try to post pics later, I am not gonna open all tonight, but will have results by the weekend, saving some to open with my grandfather who started me with collecting coins.

HH all!!!

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really awesome start without even opening any....heres to hoping for some dream boxes !! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice start, hope you get the jackpot!

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am 25 rolls in and am going to call it quits for tonight.(I am patient)
Opened the 2 rolls with silver reverse enders(back of JFK half dollars) and I am saving the 3 guaranteed 40% enders to open with my grandfather(I put away $300 to open with him... he forgets, usually only looks for the 1964's or older no matter how many times I tell him about 40%ers)

so... 75 rolls left to open out of 100 and I already have:
My first impared proof: 1996-s(edge looks like a normal circulated half, not blazing red like some BU's I picked out)
BU's:
2x 1984p and 2x 1984d (Possibly from mint sets, 2 pairs and they look perfect, not a nick or scratch)
06d 05d 04p 04p 01d 01d 98p 95p 77d 77d 76p 76p 72p
...Silver!!!
(1) 1969d
(5) 1968d
(4) 1967
(1) 1966
(1) 1965
and... a really really nice...
1962p franklin!!! looks perfectly uncirculated, full details on the bell and all.

I am hoping for a WL half in this batch, will be my first... Final results will come sunday night or monday.

HH all!
BuffaloBoy

CanadianCRH

May 16, 2011
Nice score, and still more guaranteed silver, sweet. If you don't mind me asking, do you happen to be from buffalo? Lol, just curious because I'm probably making a road trip out to buffalo and if so it'd be beneficial to both of us to make sure I don't dump coins at your pick up bank, or pick up from your dump bank, :). HH!

papa1956e9

May 11, 2011
BuffaloBoy said:
I am 25 rolls in and am going to call it quits for tonight.(I am patient) ... Final results will come sunday night or monday.

With those enders I would not have been able to stop,... and I think it is bad luck. Nice run so far. Good luck with the rest.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CanadianCRH said:
Nice score, and still more guaranteed silver, sweet. If you don't mind me asking, do you happen to be from buffalo? Lol, just curious because I'm probably making a road trip out to buffalo and if so it'd be beneficial to both of us to make sure I don't dump coins at your pick up bank, or pick up from your dump bank, :). HH!
No I am not from Buffalo, NY, but you had a good point, my name is BuffaloBoy because the coin that got me into coin collecting was a buffalo nickel my grandfather gave me, it was dateless, but I was facinated by it. I hope to eventually one say save up for a proof 1 oz gold buffalo coin which is my avatar... goal is getting close, but I am going to wait a bit for gold to drop. If you have any questions on american money, feel free to shoot me a PM, but I am off for the night so won't be answered until tomorrow.

-I am about 8-12 hours south of Buffalo(not sure, never been to buffalo), I average 1 canadian nickel per nickel box, 5-10 canadian pennies per penny box.

Hope you do well while in Buffalo though :)
HH
BuffaloBoy

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
papa1956e9 said:
BuffaloBoy said:
I am 25 rolls in and am going to call it quits for tonight.(I am patient) ... Final results will come sunday night or monday.

With those enders I would not have been able to stop,... and I think it is bad luck. Nice run so far. Good luck with the rest.
got to keep myself in suspense :o
I do not sell my CRH finds, so whatever I get goes into cardboard 2x2 holders and into a shoe box. I am not desperitely in need of money, but if I ever do(last resort) I can sell the shoe box.

HH

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
papa1956e9 said:
BuffaloBoy said:

I wouldnt be able to stop either, and it would have nothing to do with luck... How many of you would say you are ADDICTED to this? I think I need help.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will post full results on sunday or monday, definately an awesome box. Going to the bank tomorrow and ordering 2 more boxes hoping for halves from the same batch(fat chance for that one, they will probrably be skunks...) You just never know... Also, I am going to see of my local Bank of America can supply me with halves...

Has anyone had luck with Bank of America with ordering halves?

HH!
BuffaloBoy

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
i get 1k a week from my B of A. i dont even have an account there. i used too but they are awesome and will order me what ever i want with no questions asked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread